Introducing 2223

discussions specific to the 907IE
demidesmo
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Introducing 2223

Post by demidesmo »

Firstly, hello (*again* also had an account under '750pheonix' many years ago but the thing never flew before I had to let it go)

I've gone and got myself another Paso... but after the trials last time I bought one that had all the upgrades and some new fangled technology called fuel injection, which none of my previous projects have had.

For now a pic an a brief run through what I’ve been doing... and what I'm currently chasing after.

I think she's a 92/93 and largely original aside from a K&N ziptied to the lidless airbox.

I bought it from a veteran ducati mechanic (best person to buy a used ducati from really) and it's pretty solid.

So far I have been on a few runs around south lakes and and west yorkshire and "La Pricipessa" has been great.

things I have fixed...

Sanded down the plastic retainer fro the fuel cap as it was a couple of mm too wide on either side.

things I have broken so far...

just the front brake switch, I breathed too close to one of the two contact tangs of the 28 year old thing.
took out all the 10 & 15 amp fuses (now carry a pack of spares)

Things that were missing and broken when I got her.

misty right fork leg.
Split brake hose offside lower (I’ve bought replacement twin hoses rather than the split sort)
missing choke cable and housing.
managed to lightly mist my face with petrol last night reconnecting the fuel tank hoses... didn't sound right when I pressurised so I detached the hose and... well that's when I got the surprise.

and that's it... the rest has just worked.

be back shortly... with help requests.

The short list of fixes is;

* choke cable sourcing and reattaching

* tank grommets (i've ordered a bunch of CG125 sized rubber bits from china... and will see if they fit the same first before using authentic bits).

* M6 wellnuts and finding a place that supplies the nylon sleeve/collets for the bolts to stop my panels getting chewed up.

* Taking silicon moulding of the new front indicator lenses just in case.

* change the cross head bolts around the fuel tank cap back to SS hex bolts.

* find bolts that fix the Choke housing to the clutch lever ( not urgent as it's not attached anyway )

Cheers

Tony
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1991

Re: Introducing 2223

Post by Tamburinifan »

Look for moped cable, sure some will fit as choke cable.
Pay attention when dismantling choke lever (it's a fast idle really),
it's tricky to assemble.
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07
Derek
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1994

Post by Derek »

The carbed 750/900ss uses the same choke lever assembly and parts are still available for them. You may be able to adapt a choke cable from them to fit the fast ide on the 907. or Venhill cold make a custom cable to fit. https://www.venhill.co.uk/control-lines/
1994 907ie
2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland
demidesmo
year: 1993

Post by demidesmo »

Hello, and thanks for the suggestions guys.

The cables are plentiful to be honest, and I can see the value in gettign the exact one fo rth e907.i.e. as it comes with the 90 degree curve tube for the engine end.
I bought an NOS ST2 housing and cable (comes without the fixing screws/bolts) but the cable is too short to arrive at the retaining screw.

Just incase anyone has a hard time typing heres a search for choke cables on Ebay : https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw ... 7&_sacat=0