It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:15 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Another 907 back on the road (almost)!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:06 pm 

model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991
After just over a month of waiting, I got a call yesterday afternoon that the new fuel pump had arrived, was installed, and the 907 was tested and ready to go! I dropped everything and raced to the shop arriving just before they closed. There she sat - such a gorgeous shade of red. While they finished the paperwork I hopped on and ran around the block - and sure enough there is no hesitation or wall at 4000rpm, all is well! The cored pipes sang their symphony all the way home. I love this bike for what it is, how it sounds, and the way it rides. A bonus is how this bike is an event everywhere it goes - people chasing me in traffic to catch a better look, thumbs up from other riders, kids staring out the windows of other cars - kids are the best and I always wave to them. I am not sure where they sourced the pump, but they also replaced the fuel sending unit, which was still in stock and cheap, and now the old fuel gauge is working again.

It is a privilege to be the caretaker of this bike for a little while - it launched a dozen life long friendships and introduced me to the hill country of Texas. So happy that she is 100% once again!

I hope you all are having a fantastic weekend too - all the best.