Oil pressure switch boot option!

discussions specific to the 907IE
BillB01
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Oil pressure switch boot option!

Post by BillB01 »

Most of the rubber on the new to me 907IE is in good shape. BUT the oil pressure switch boot fell apart when I went to remove it to get to the starter. I saw a boot that looked about right on eBay, and it fits the switch perfectly. The only hassle is fitting the connector through the boot's wire opening. I stretched out the opening, removed the plastic housing on the connector and managed to work the connector through the opening, but not without a fair amount of struggling and potential for damaging the boot. It would be best to replace the 90 degree female spade connector (16-22 gauge) which are readily available.

A small victory in dealing NLA parts.

Google TRIUMPH OIL PRESSURE SWITCH RUBBER BOOT COVER 71-2930
Attachments
Boot1.png
Boot1.png (246.09 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
Boot2.png
Boot2.png (412.77 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
Boot3.png
Boot3.png (393.78 KiB) Viewed 3382 times
Bill
91 907ie
Buckeye, AZ.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: Oil pressure switch boot option!

Post by Mc tool »

ya gotta think sideways when on the hunt for parts. I'm willing to bet that there are thousands of different vehicles with that part on them......just gotta find it. When I'm on the prowl I look for stuff on bikes ,cars ,trucks ,bulldozers ,boats. .I got my one of them off a 7 pin plug that connects my trailer to the the car lighting.....came with a black eurethane rubber boot. An auto electric repair shop should be able to supply rubber boots
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time