New Owner 92 907

discussions specific to the 907IE
guzziguy

New Owner 92 907

Post by guzziguy »

took the plunge, high miler ( 50K) but the color was right Black, serial number end in 1548

Joe
Downingtown Pa
TuT
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re:New Owner 92 907

Post by TuT »

Yay! Another dark one survives! Rest assured there should be plenty of life left beneath that black bodywork. That is, asuming it hasn't been abused too much. I turned 60,000 miles some months ago with number 1595. Take care of the necessities and it should last you for plenty of good riding miles yet to come. :thumbup:

If all is good, enjoy the ride.
Ian T.
907ie (#001595)
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

my 750 has 42000 miles on it and is despite my carburetion problems, it's still a great bike. the pantah lump is a solid engine that if cared for will last a fair amount of time. congratulations on a rare find.
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

Go with it. Mine has been modded and chipped (by previous owner) but is still a great deal of fun to ride. Brilliant to suprise the matching leathers and bike brigade on a 12 year old machine. Long live the PASO.

Bryn :thumbup:
Stingray230SX
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Stingray230SX »

OH YEA!!!! cant get enough of the black 907's!!!!
i had a killer sunday ride to a local(40 minutes away)HOOTERS with a group of harleys(all 1995 or newer)(my friends dont know any better)and the only bike the patrons came out and asked about was my 12 year old(i am so proud)

she performed flawlessly again over a roughly 6+ hour day and i cant say enough about how much fun she is to ride!!!

cant say mileage is high though,as i have managed to put just over a 1000 on her this summer since i brought her back from the garage she was hidden away in,and she still only has 8400 or so miles on her!!!!!

good luck and you wont be disapointed with your 907

doug hunt
1992 907ie #1473 Nero SOLD
1997 Vmax Nero-Blue Flames SOLD
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi joe,
glad to hear you found one.can you describe your thoughts,feelings for the bike now that you've had it a short time? is the handling,comfort,performance etc... as you expected??
thanks to eric for his reply to my post,i may be in possession next weekend a dark 907.jeff also replied to my post i found out after i got off the phone with the 907 owner only to see his reply info on ebay about the 7k bike.
i'm wondering if there will be any replys as to the pro's and con's of 907 ownership to read this week b-4 i ride one for the 1st time.having owned maybe a dozen or so bevels,singles and twins, and never ridden a belt i'm hoping to have others' impressions in my head to compare with.that and it will give me something to do till sat! seem like a good number of 907 owner read this forum,would like to see a good response as to the joys of ownership.hardluck stories welcome also. thanks,wiggs
duncs

Post by duncs »

G'day I am new to this site big fan of Ducatis almost ready to buy my first. I have an option to buy a 907ie Black and according to the seller there are only 26 black ones in the UK. Is this true? Its done 35000 miles(58000km) but it looks like it has been looked after. Anythings I should look for that relate to the 907ie. He wants £2000uk ($3850us) is this a good price.
Many thanks Duncs
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

congrats maybe duncs,
glad you found one. was told wether correct or not only 200 in the states,black ones that is.could be about right number for u.k.
i paid about that for mine with some tasteful mods and 21,000 miles.glad i did as i really like the bike. have you been watching that vincent black prince/knight on ebay? could these paso's be a modern day vinnie? only bike it reminds me of by the way it pulls is a 1000S big valve guzzi.
i really didn't get a response when i asked how the bike is down the road,maintenance wise,so i don't know yet myself. as far as riding, so far it's only seen a few hundred miles and it's snowing 2day so it won't see much use till spring.
keep us posted as to your motorcycle selection.
regards,wiggs
907Guy

Hi there

Post by 907Guy »

Hi all, i'm new to this forum and since Dez. 04 i'm a proud owner of a red '92 Ducati 907i.e. (Serial ends with 959)
Got it from my oncle's brother who had it standing in his garage for about 5 years. Well what can i say? Guess it was love on fist sight! :D Ok i guess i still got a lot of work to do 'till this baby run's again but right now it got toomuch snow here anyway. And for making my motorcycle licence i think i'll be better off with my kawa anyway ( not as much hp's )

PS: Sorry for my bad english. i'm swiss and ain't got that much opportunitys to practice my eng. writing skills.. :confused:
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi 907 guy,
my '92 black 907 is #1462. bought it last fall and have yet to put gas in it, that's how little i've ridden it so far. it's 17 degrees f here in n/w ohio and the drive is covered in snow and ice. the few times the weather has broke i rode something with a little better wind protection.currently unemployed for the 3rd WINTER in 4 years. a person would think that the odds would be at least 1 summer in 3 trys!, i don't have a seasonable occupation.
your english is great, i'm limited to ordering a beer in acouple of foreign tongues.
keep us posted as to your progress on the bike. there seems to be a friendly,helpful bunch here that will try and help with any situations that you may encounter.
less than 3 weeks till spring for us northern hemisphere types (sorry southern hemisphere guys,it's gonna be our turn soon),so get at it and ready that steed for some riding.
welcome aboard and hope to hear some great stories.
regards, wiggs
907Guy

Post by 907Guy »

Hi Wiggs.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Well i took my beauty in the garage a few days ago and working on it right now.
Here are some pictures of my lady before the work:

Duc1
Duc2
Duc3
Duc4

Sofar i purged the brakes and the cluntch and had a look on fuelsystem. Result: Fuelpump was locked up, but could be repaired some fuellines had to be replaced and the injectors aren't working anymore... guess i'll have to get replacement for that. Unfortunatly i allready was at the local ducati dealer for the parts i need but the shop is closed for this week because he's moving to an other location. Guess i'll have to wait a few days now.
Anyhow i'll keep you updated on the progess... can't wait to here the sound of that bike.
Mean while i got some brake problems with my Vet to take care of! :mad:

regards Daniel
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi guy,907 that is,
by the looks of it you need a warm welcome in more ways than one. what miserable pictures you took! our camera seems to be acting up also as there is white stuff all over the place in the pictures too.it only does that when taken outside tho,maybe it's the cold weather messing up the camera,what do you think? anyway, i hope guys down south are taking advantage of their summer (or fall as it ,hopefully,will be soon). it's somewhat of a comfort knowing someone's got some riding time at this time of year tho.
what year vette are you playing with? always liked them as it's america's only true sportscar ,even tho i'll probably never own one.
i applied for a job at the local ducati,triumph dealer.that's if 50 miles away is local. maybe someday i'll be alittle more familiar with these newer ducks and can actually contribute with some usefull, technical info. i also applied at 3 somewhat local davidson dealers. i figure that at this stage of my life i would like to try something i truely have a passion for.i mean,how much passion can a person have building cold heading machines that make fasteners,bearings and an assortment other things. 10 yrs doing that and 2 yrs repairing their machine tools before being made redundant . haven't found a good ,steady job since then.
keep us posted on your progress with the 907 and good luck when your dealer gets settled in.yup, you will love the sound of it when the time comes.oh,and i think it's coming soon.ride often our southern buddies.
cheers all,wiggs
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

It has been a great summer of riding here in the Southern Hemisphere, fortunately for us we don't get much of the white stuff that keeps you indoors for months. down here we can ride all winter, gets a bit cold but that is half the fun. Still have to watch for the black ice some mornings though. Roll on the Northern Summer & roll on the PASO! :cool:
907Guy

It's alife!

Post by 907Guy »

Hi there ya'all,
well got some really good news: Since yesterday 18:15 CET my 907 runs again. And that sound!! Well guess you all know that, but i was quite impressed. Now i still got some little work to do but i guess she'll be ready to roll soon and just in time for spring. Today we have sunny weather with 18°C (aprox. 64°F) here..
My Vette still featureing braking problems... Its a black 91 C4 Convertible. i think the front breakdisks (rotors? ) are torn... Well i'm checking now for an upgrade since the standard breaks don't really handle the mountainroads we got here...
I hope you get that job at your ducati dealer.. it's allways good the make a lifing out of your passions. Well guess i'll have to look for a job too soon. for the last 5 years i worked for a local Telco in the technical internet support. I don't really know what i'm looking for now... guess still something in IT but never again in customer care... we'll see...
cya
cheers dani
Ducati-nut

New 907ei owner

Post by Ducati-nut »

Hi,
I am alos a new member and have had my 907 since December an have put about 1000 miles on it in all sorts of weather. the only problem i have had was re-starting when hot but some WD40 seems to have cured that. Its a fine bike to ride, easy to clean and sounds just great. I had doubts about buying it because of restricted movement of my legs and the high and rearward position of the pegs, but after 70 miles run out non stop yesterday I had on problems. After the run I calles into a local pub. I just pulled up outside and the the bars emptied just to have a look.
Have fun with yours :thumbup: