WANTED 907 EXHAUST

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
Apex

Post by Apex »

Doug--I also had trouble finding slip-ons for my 907 late last year. I saw the 2 Bros. set but gagged at the price, I think they know they are one of the few options still available and price aggressively. When I bought my bike it had a Ferracci full system on it with brushed aluminum cans. One can was scratched and they needed repacking, plus I was not crazy about the looks. Just before I dug in to repack the cans and have them polished to take out the scratch, a set of D&D carbon slip-ons hit eBay--new with Jet-Hot coated mid pipes. Well, another guy also wanted these badly. I ended up spending almost $500 to get them. But the carbon cans sound great compared to the aluminum ones that came off the bike (admittedly this might have something to do with the fact the aluminum cans needed repacking). If I come across anything, I'll let you know.

Jeff
Stingray230SX
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Stingray230SX »

Thanks Jeff,that would be great!!!!i am no hurry due to the pricing of new cans/etc!!!!

doug
1992 907ie #1473 Nero SOLD
1997 Vmax Nero-Blue Flames SOLD
chrisjpitt

Pipes etc

Post by chrisjpitt »

Guys,

I suspect the problem is with the angle of the x-over to can pipes. The 906 & 907's run virtually parallel with the lower frame rails, as the X-over is under the engine in the middle - 851/900ss has the X-over towards the rear and at an angle.

If you just want the quieter cans, you could butcher the 906/907 & 900ss pipework off, swap over and weld them back up. The 851/900ss pipe and cones are stainless, the 90X are blackend steel. Depends on how much DIY you want and the quality of finish.

I bought a set of generic race cans from a Co in the UK and a set of link pipes to fit from the X-over to the cans - that's what you need really, then any race can should fit reasonably easily.

Regards,

Chris.
erik

Post by erik »

hey stingray, are you stll looking for pipes for the 907 ?
Stingray230SX
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Stingray230SX »

yep,but funds are limited at the moment....
actually a member of the forum hooked me up with the D&D racing setup,and the paso group had a group buy for staintunes but i had to pass at the moment,due to lack of fundage

oh well,i can still ride anyway

doug
1992 907ie #1473 Nero SOLD
1997 Vmax Nero-Blue Flames SOLD
ducatijim

Post by ducatijim »

I still have a set of stock 907 for sale in classifieds.