1992 907ie Slight Project Bike - What is a good price?

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
BigMartin

1992 907ie Slight Project Bike - What is a good price?

Post by BigMartin »

The bike is a Black 1992 907ie
6006 miles
F1 exhaust
K&N air filter
I think it has the performance chip
European taillights (no turn signal stalks)
rest stock

This bike was dead solid reliable, strong, fast, and cornered like it was on rails. With family obligations and starting a new business I let it sit unused since September 2001 (I know, thats such a shame) and the fuel pump has gummed up in the tank and will need replacement. Tires will be needed - these are original. A battery will be needed. A full mechanical checkout would be a good idea as well.

Cosmetically the bike is in great shape. As for any mechanical condition, it was all in great shape when it went into the corner of my garage in 2001. I would get all the rehab stuff done now, but just do not have time for yet another time consuming project now or in the forseeable future. It really is a beautiful unique bike.

What do you guys think is a good fair price for the bike?

email:

fdw at charter dot net

bauhaus

Post by bauhaus »

Links to Kelly Blue book:

Trade in price
Retail Price

How much to get it road worthy? Subtract your best guess from the retail price as a starting point. If you need it sold fast lower the price more.

Good luck,

Bill

Prices listed are US$
qldman36
year: 0

Post by qldman36 »

Have you still got and if so have you figured out selling price?
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

Guess you are really not serious on selling or have sold and not caring enough to let us know it is off the market.
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey gldmn,
big martin doesn't seem to be a regular reader. he did tell me he thought 4150 was a starting point. i have been chewing on this to see if i could find a way to buy another 907,'92,black to be exact. after spending the last 4 days AND nights without water,elect.,good heat it seems a decent generator would be more useful than another bike.
the snow just melted from the 2foot we got then this ice storm moves in.
beemerboy

Post by beemerboy »

qldman36 wrote:Guess you are really not serious on selling or have sold and not caring enough to let us know it is off the market.
I can't speak for Frank BUT, I can speak for myself and can confirm that he received my cashier's check 1/19/05 for his 907. It'll be in Colorado within the next few weeks where it will receive lots of TLC and pretty scenery as we blast through the mountains. :D
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

Thank you Beemerboy for the update.Happy miles with it.