big discounts for paso forum members

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi jake,
glad you like the photo's. some of them are sales brochures from dealers i collected years ago and some are ads from magazines that go back as far as 1948. some of the really old ones the paper is yellowing and while not looking real "new" do, i think, ad to the character of the pics. it's the same with motorcycles,some people want their bike to look showroom fresh while i want and like the patina that the age reflects. i bothers me when i see a bike advertised and the seller states that it is original paint with some scratches or chips and states that a fresh respray is all it needs. my opinion is that a bike is only original once and i prefer an original paint job as opposed to a shiney fresh respray.well, we all know about opinions tho!
i delivered a bmw to jessup,maryland last weekend (1,000 mile round trip)to a dealer for the buyer.while looking around his shop,and it is a nice shop, i noticed he had hanging on the wall some framed ads from the late 50's and 60's taken from magazines. some of the same one's i'm selling ( trying to sell anyway as nobody bought any of them). i've had some hanging in my shop for 20 yrs now.
you've seen almost all i have as far as brochures for ducati, i do have more ads for bevel singles that i can use but to print them up and with all the oops's involved it does get costly and with the limited demand makes it labor of love,not to mention the time involved. i will try and keep plugging away on this, just may have to try something more mainstream like some of the oriental bikes. seems there is strength in numbers. i did put some early honda ads on last nite but they may be too early to sell well.
as far as the prints, we measured a 8"x10" frame and used the inside dimensions for the print size. sometimes while cropping it will make the height or width smaller than the frame size leaving a white boarder. if someone's going to use a larger frame and mat it then this can be compensated for. i gave my dentist a bmw "why a motorcycle with a propeller emblem" ad ,as he's a classmate and small plane owner ,and he was going to have it matted and put in the airplane room at the office.
i cheched with staples about poster sized stuff and they said $8 a sq. foot. that would make the ducati blond with a 750 paso $35-40 ea my cost. i don't see how that would fly so i'll just be happy with what i have,sorry guys, it looks real good too.of course i thought the "norton girl" would sell well too and not a one went out.whoever said "sex sells"? and the maico ad with the busty babe was a flop. oh well, guess i need more frames for the basement and garage.
if anyones still reading this and is interested we'll mix and match whatever ya want,just let us know. regards, mike and melody
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

Hey wiggs! Have you been checking your Private Messages? There's a couple from me - an old one and a new one.
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey skins,
got company coming in a minute so this will be short. i'm sorry, i didn't know a thing about private messages till you brought it to my attention. i feel pretty stupid but if a person don't know they don't know and i did't know. more later and thanks.
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi skins and everyone else,
thanks for the advise on the reprints. i agree the sale photo didn't do them justice.i was afraid to take an overhead pic thinking i would be blocking the light but i guess with the flash there should be nothing to worry about. i'll try putting them on an easel the next time to get a straight shot and (hopefully) better shot.
i was alittle discouraged at the lack of interest and sales but the poor photo in the description may have alot to do with it.with the cost of printing them,ebay fees,oops'es and making prints for the ads to sell them and then not sell it's right in line with the rest of my "get rich quick schemes" that never fails to amuse my wife.the old saying" if ya can't dazzle them with brilliance, tickle them with humor"!
i do feel alittle embarrased about the private message thing. i really didn't have a clue it was there.i swore for years i would never have any need to use a computer and now find myself on it daily.i will admit when i'm wrong and (unfortunately) it happens quit often! so skins,redpaso and fasternmost i'm sorry for not answering your posts to me. live and learn. i'll be checking them from now on tho. thanks everyone for your kind understanding.
regards,red faced wiggs and meanie
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Do not be disheartened, Wiggs! Keep it up ... you're the sort of bloke it's good have aboard! :thumbup:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Wiggs, I ifinally got off my duff and purchased a couple nice frames for the prints ... they look MUCH better framed than they do sitting in a manilla envelop. :laugh: But seriously - I mounted them up, as Domenica (mrs. faster ... ) walked in and was like "wow ... where'd you get those?" They really do look great; I can't wait to get them up on the wall - unfortunately, I did this at 10pm last night when our daughter ("gettinfaster"?) was snoozin'.

So, my thanks again for supplying me with some great original paraphenalia. I love 'em. Rare art, and perfect for the Ducatista/enthusiast. I'm still putting together the 'shrine' in the new house, but once it's all up, I'll post some pics. Besides all the Maisto/Mini-Champ minis, your prints, some of Mike's Laguna Seca prints, any of several Ducati posters (one of the "Shape of things to come" Paso posters!), I have my great-grandfather's "motor-car/cycle" license from 1909 in England. The more, the merrier! :)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750