save the paso

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi skins, i had to "step out" for a while. yes forging would be stronger from what i know but how strong does a buckle really have to be? i'll be glad to help in any way i can as this sounds like a great idea.no,i'm not interested in any returns,well maybe a beer if i ever make it back to n.z.
tom rolland just posted on the bevelheads that he has made 2,500 buckles in 10 yrs,not a bad number for a hobby type thing. his just say ducati so it would appeal to a broader market than one for paso, but it still is encouraging i think.
keep us posted and let me know what and how i may help you with this endeaver. regards,wiggs and meanie
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

Thanks wiggs. Interesting again. That's a good sales figure. I don't think one would do something like this to make money, but I'm sure the Ducati thing is something else for us. I'd be happy to make one for myself and whoever else wanted one, even just a few, and cover costs.

I'm sure most buckles are cast - sufficient strength would be easilly attained. The look, feel and finish would be the determining factor for the process. I have more thinking to do on this, and tooling is also an important consideration.

Good to hear you have found another home for the Cagiva.

How long before you hear about the job?
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi skins,
she (HR) said i will either get a call to come in for a physical or a letter telling me thanks but... i cleaned melody's truck 2-day from the trip to philly( left at 3:15 a.m. and returned home @ 8:05 p.m.). i checked the mail ,reluctantly, and didn't get any dissapointing news but then again the phone didn't ring either. i told her(HR) i was going to philly wed or thurs so, hopefully, she's waiting for my return and it's not a case where "the letter" isn't here yet.
i thought the interview went well as the maintenance supervisor took me thru the plant and showed me around.we even talked to a former national machinery employee but he didn't remember me till i said something about looking at his mgb at his house back in '91 or so. i didn't get a tour the last time i was offered a job there so i'll try and stay optimistic but with a realistic overview.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Well here's hoping, wiggs. Congratulations on your promotion here, by the way! And well deserved too, if I may say so. Every post a goody. And with your style, the longer the better! Keep it up, eh?

:cool:
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

morning skins,
we took bonneville,our newest puppy, to the vet wed to get "fixed". we got her back home yesterday. she's a pistol,has been since the day we got her. she's part lab and part chessapeak bay retriever ,9 months old now. the vet even said she's a handfull! she has 5 "brothers"(all lab mix) here at the house and doesn't give them a moments rest,like i said,she's a pistol. one of the boys still has his seeds so it was imperative that we get this done b-4 we have more dogs,like 6 isn't enough?!
anyway, i slept on the floor last nite beside her cage just to let her know we love her and in case there was a problem. i didn't want to wakeup 2-day and have to dig a hole. coulda bought my paso and then some for the money we spent on duke's 2 knee surgeries but that's another story. so i wake up from the floor and read your post thinking what the hay is he talking about?!?!?!?!??? then, as i become alittle more focused i see i've made it to the next level. thank you for the congrat's (now that i know what it is for!).
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Wiggs - any news on the job yet - best of luck with it...... :thumbup:

Skins - (Ya know where 'this' is gonna go......) - about those buckles - seeing as I live a bit closer than these other guys, it would be sorta rude if I did'nt stick my hand up for Buckle No.2..... :thumbup: :thumbup: Plus ya can get an opinion real quick on No.1.............. :roll: :roll:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Sorry Duck, I'd love the make the buckle a priority, but I can't. It is something I really want to do, but I don't know when. Hopefully, sometime this year.

Got to hit the sack now. I think I've just written a good wee story. I'll look at it again in the morning.
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi #1 duck,
i called a guy i worked with 8 yrs ago who quit and went to this place.he said they did ask him about me and he told them he thought i'd make a good machine repair guy for them. he told me he's been working 7 days a week,12 hr days for 8 yrs. seems the o.t. is there if a person wants it. feast or famine for me. he said it can take a month or so for them to hire somone and he also said he thought i'd get the job but not to go to the bank on what he say's!
paid the house and cars insurance yesterday as it was due.house insurance doubled so i went and had a talk with him (insurance guy).seems he has an itch for a davidson,told him mine may be for sale if i don't get this job.then just to ad insult to injury i emailed him some pics of it,one picture i rode down to the covered bridge 2 miles from the house and it has the bike in front of the bridge.
i also took some other bikes around the block, a 5 mile loop over the bridge. i dug the mgb out of the garage and was rearranging the bikes and used it for an opportunity to check some tire pressures and "air them out". my nephew came over and said he thought he could hear the 907 the whole time i was out. i enjoyed each bike for what it is but something about the 907 that just really plasters a smile on my mug.i think my nephew was wanting to take it out for a spin but i'm alittle reluctant at this time to let someone on it. a buddy of mine equates letting someone mount his bikes with letting him mount their wife! i'm fussier than i used to be about letting others ride our stuff but haven't gotten to be that fussy yet!!!!!
i no longer worry about the phone ringing for a physcal and am better about checking the mail for fear of the dreaded rejection letter.if it's to be it will happen,if not, that just means there's something better down the line. if i feel a wee bit of depression coming on i can always start the 907 up and think happy thought to go with the music from those cans.
thanks for asking.
best regards to all,wiggs
p.s. i'm still sleeping on the floor next to bonny's cage but she's doing good so i think it's time for a good nites rest for me in bed.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

hey, wiggs. you just gotta write something for 'Apex'.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Wiggs - I know what your mate is on about - there tends to be 4 things I don't let other people use - the bike - my ute/'Cruiser, chainsaw, or Mrs.......... :umm:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Another MG owner? I had a '68 MGBGT for a while. My Dad has a '63 / '72 ('63 engine transplanted into a '72 body) that's just coming back to life ...
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750