FS: Fuel Tank for a '91-'93 907IE

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
beemerboy
year: 0

FS: Fuel Tank for a '91-'93 907IE

Post by beemerboy »

Fuel tank from a '92 907IE (newer variant of the Paso & 906), no dents, some scratches, front mounting tabs slightly bent but easily repaired, black in color. Photos emailed upon request. Asking $400 OBO + shipping. PayPal accepted.

email: beemerboy@adelphia.net
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
beemerboy

Post by beemerboy »

Awwwww, come on guys!!!! There HAS to be someone out there wanting or needing a gas tank!!!! How am I supposed to farkalize my 907 if you don't buy my tank???? :rant:

Make me an offer I can't refuse.....please???? :laugh:
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
beemerboy

Post by beemerboy »

Okay, just in time for Christmas (yea, I know I'm pushing it...) I'll take a "best offer" on the fuel tank.

Anyone? Anyone?? :D
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Beemerboy
If it was 906 compatable I might be interested, even as a spare sitting on the shelf. Maybe you are meant to keep it. You know how it is, the day after you part with it you need it :umm:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi!

I think, many are intrested,like me, but like me,who lives in EU, its very high coast to SEND it from "land of hope and glory" to Europe. :confused: Transport can be more, what tank coast :D

Antti

btw, is there still fuel pump, or is it only tank without anything inside?
beemerboy

Post by beemerboy »

Finn,

I bought the tank from a salvage yard in Scotland because I thought I MIGHT need it to replace my original but badly rusted tank. Another member of this board offered to professionally clean and coat my tank after I'd bought the salvage tank but I ended up using the fuel pump and other internal workings to replace those parts in mine.

So, what we have here is a 907/906 tank in good condition wnd without rust but no interal parts. It cost me approximately $110 US to ship it from Scotland to the U.S.

All I'm looking to do is recoup my expenditure as much as possible and clear up some space in my storage shed. So, as before, I'll consider and reasonable offer for the tank.
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Thanks for reply, but i have to say, that if it is 907IE tank, it DONT FIT to 906, cause 906 have fuel pump outside, not inside, like 907 have. I think also connections are different, but i dont know exactly that, cause i have only 750 Paso and 907IE. Maybe 906 tank is exactly same, as 750, cause both have same Weber system. :confused:

Antti

Post by 1564 »

:lick: i am interested but will have to paint tank red, anybody have a general price on repainting tank in like factory conditon tks
DesmoDog
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by DesmoDog »

I haven't got an idea of cost, but I do have advice. If you decide to go with it, have it painted by someone familiar with Ducatis. Contrary to what some may claim, it will not be a simple matter of having another panel scanned and mixing a red to match.

The guy who painted my mirror heard that from a lot of people, and they never got it right. He finally had to go with a pink primer (like the factory) followed by a tinted clear to get it right. And he's not the only one I've heard that has had to do that.

EDIT: Here's a thread with more info on the subject;
http://speedzilla.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11634
-Craig
beemerboy

Post by beemerboy »

1564 wrote::lick: i am interested but will have to paint tank red, anybody have a general price on repainting tank in like factory conditon tks
PM me your home email address and I'll forward pics I have on file.
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
beemerboy

Re: FS: Fuel Tank for a '91-'93 907IE

Post by beemerboy »

beemerboy wrote:Fuel tank from a '92 907IE (newer variant of the Paso & 906), no dents, some scratches, front mounting tabs slightly bent but easily repaired, black in color. Photos emailed upon request. Asking $400 OBO + shipping. PayPal accepted.

email: beemerboy@adelphia.net
Bump.

Still have it and would like to sell it to someone who needs it. No internals, tank only, now asking $350 obo.
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S