Group members may list non-paso classified ads
nyabinghi

new paso owner

Post by nyabinghi »

welp, i picked up a ratty paso 750 this weekend - and i need some parts:

ignition switch assembly (with key)
seat in decent condition
seat lock assembly with key
bodywork: (i may get them from airtech, but if anyone has decent parts, i'd rather buy used)
oil cooler covers
right and left front lower fairings
front and rear wheels in good condition.

email me at info(at)stainlesscycle.com

thanks!
-greg
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Ebay may soon be your best friend. You probably won't find those parts here very easily; usually any extras are being hoarded. They can all be difficult to come by, but ebay is a good source to keep an eye on. They do make the rounds, so set yourself up a global search to email you new results.

Did you happen to pick up the bike at Mid-Ohio? Is it a red '88 750 w/ Ferracci pipes & a pair of Mikuni flatsides? If so, this is Jake - I had an Agip tshirt on and stopped by your tent yesterday afternoon.

I saw there was another red Paso for sale @ the VMD, too. So if the above description doesn't quite match you but you did get it there, then I may have passed you going over the bridge from the infield Saturday afternoon - I had the blue '88 750.

Either way, congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the site!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
nyabinghi

Post by nyabinghi »

yep, i picked up the red one with the ferraci pipes.- it was a good price i think
Last edited by nyabinghi on Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Hey, how are ya! Glad to see you signed up. :) $1300 ain't too bad at all. Just FYI about Airtech - those are race-quality skins, so you'll have to fit and drill all the mounting holes, along with the headlight cavity - and I don't believe the Airtech stuff has the recess for the stock mirror/turn-signal pods, so you'd have to get a little creative in that department. I don't see why you couldn't continue to use the stock pods, but the discerning eye might notice a difference. Also, I think the airtech stuff is a little more "throw-away" than the stock, as in not as resilient of thick. But I think you can get the whole kit & caboodle for around ~$900.

Congrats again - it sounds great, by the way. Love those pipes ... and like I said Sunday, if you ever decide to part it out, give me a holler. ;)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750