Group members may list non-paso classified ads
nyabinghi

paso parts needed..

Post by nyabinghi »

i'm looking for:

ignition switch w/key
tail piece lock assembly w/key
left side oil cooler cover
seat (anythings better than the ratty one i have...)

i'm in ohio...

thanks!

-Greg
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Greg, you`ll find all parts on ebay except to the keyswitch.
If yours has "only" contact problems you can carefully take it apart (beware there`s a spring and a small metal ball inside that may fly away when you open it). Usually some bad contact built up resistance and cause some parts to heat up and melt. So inside the switch on the contacts there might be some burnt plastic you should just remove to make it work again. I`m sure this was already discussed here before. Search some older posts.

Gerhard
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by jomo »

Greg,

Don't waste your time repairing the ignition switch. Buy a new one. I've done it all before, you will end up in the middle of nowhere, cursing the day you bought a Ducati. I did it on my old 900GTS, and it would last for months, and the next time only days. I think I did it on my SS Darmah, and the service agents in Sydney(bloody Frasers) did it against what I instructed, stuffed it, and had to replace it with a new one. Once the contacts inside are corroded, they never clean up properly or fit together with tight clearances.
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250
nyabinghi

Post by nyabinghi »

it doesn't have a keyswitch assembly at all, i have it hotwired. i guess i could just stick a universal keyswitch in there and at least have something...

what i really need is a seat though...
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

I have a seat in that barn. I'll take a pic and send it you you. drop me an email jcslocum@hotmail.com. It's from an 87, black in decent shape.
Rodney
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

Hi see the post i left in the 750 section there is a few parts that you need there you may be able to get them to post you the bits.
the seat was a little dark but intact. the bike came from japan.

Rodney
Ducati ST2 2002 , Ducati 696 2010 , Ducati Pantah 1983 (in progress )