Wanted: rear light including indicators for Paso 750

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
Graemer57
model: 750 Paso
year: 1990

Wanted: rear light including indicators for Paso 750

Post by Graemer57 »

My Paso 750 has rear indicators on stalks but the rubber stalk on the left one has cracked and perished. So seems like the opportunity to convert to having the indicators integrated into the rear lamp. Much neater. So if anyone has one to sell please let me know. Needs to be in good condition else bike wont pass MOT. Was offered one a while back but the indicator glass was cracked which sort of defeats the purpose

Graeme
1990 750 Paso #754364
2005 BMW 1200RT
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso

Re: Wanted: rear light including indicators for Paso 750

Post by Mc tool »

You could try Ian Gowanloch in Aus , but I think you would be best off looking for some after market stem type blinkers. The Euro tail light assy is like rocking horse shit , I have a spare but I had to kick and yell and eventually threaten legal action to get it (in 2 separate deals , long story :) ) so I aint letting it go :) . Stem type blinkers have the added advantage in that they provide somewhere to hook your ockey straps , which the Paso is sadly lacking.
Hamish
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Graemer57
model: 750 Paso

Post by Graemer57 »

I hadnt realised they were so rare. I should have bought the duff one a while back as there was an article recently in Classic Motorcycle Mechanics on how to fabricate 'new' lenses for broken ones...

Yes I could go for the stem blinkers but I do like the streamlined look of everything being contained in the taillight assembly Guess if i go the stem route it is finding some of a style that is sympathetic to the Paso
1990 750 Paso #754364
2005 BMW 1200RT
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso

Post by Mc tool »

I have seen ( not on a Paso ) where someone has attached those little side blinkers off a car front guard ( I think it was a Suzuki swift ) on to the sides of his tail housing/light. Looked OK too ! , so next time your in a bike shop or car yard keep your eyes peeled for some useful shaped blinker lens's
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time