Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Selling: 916S - 851 - 907ie

Post by Rhino »

I'm putting my 916S (one of 199 made) my standard 851 Strada and my 907 (2,000 miles from new) up for sale by auction with Bonhams.

There will be an unrealistically high reserve on the 907 because I don't think I can bear to be parted with it.

I'd rather conduct a private sale so if anyone is SERIOUSLY interested let me know and I'll post details and pictures.

All with handbooks, manuals and toolkits!
(Just in case some wag was going to ask.)
Rhino

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Re: Selling: 916S - 851 - 907ie

Post by Fraser »

Hi Rhino,

So what are you doing; some very big decisions there.

Cheers,

Fraser.
750 Paso
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1992

Post by Rhino »

Hi Fraser, I see the possible confusion. It appears that I'm amputating my love of motorcycling. Nothing could be further from the truth, it comes down to a few factors . . .

My new knees will not look favourably upon being seriously bent by a 916 or 851 (the 907 they can probably live with - I'll find out this week-end).

The 916 - I love her but I (my knees) can't live with her (nor can my neighbours but that's never been a real concern. Hell -I was good enough to stop spending 10 minutes warming her up and then going out for dawn blasts wasn't I? How reasonable can a biker be?). My new hip will NOT deal with getting onto her.

The 851 - see above - but WORSE. I bought her on whim and while I have never regretted it - I've never really been thrilled by the act or its result. I took my physiotherapist to the 851 (and 916) the other day and he took one look and said: "Don't even think about it". He's not a doctor and I trust his judgement.

The 907 - the love of my motorcycling life BUT with only 2,000 miles on her, immaculate, all books and tools, and bought from a museum, . . . I just can't bring myself to ride her. AND - huh get this - my wife (wonderful woman usually) will NOT let me polish her put her in the living room (the 907 NOT my wife - my wife's allowed in the living room, polished or not!). My 907 banned from the living room - How unreasonable is that!!
(My physiotherapist said: Maybe . . . given more time.)

SO . . .

I'll get rid of the 916 and the 851, sad but I'll get a really good return on the money. I doubt the 907 will go because I'll put an unrealistic reserve on her and if she does then I'll buy another 907 (in black - I've always wanted one in black) and ride the bloody thing. If she doesn't sell I may buy a 907 in black to thrash and still just look at the red one, sad or what).

AND . . .

I really fancy a Rocket III low, fast, lots of grunt and perfect for an old, fat, short-legged bas*ard like myself.
Hmmmm . . . low, fast, lots of grunt . . .
Hmmmm . . . VMax . . .
No . . . Diavel.
Well now there's a thought.

We'll see Fraser, I have NO INTENTION of being without a 907. I'll die with at least one Ducati in the garage (I've even made provision in my will for its/their disposal!) and that will be a 907. If I have a second it may just be a Diavel - we shall see. If I thought I could get the right deal I'd trade in the 851 and 916 but a dealer would never give me anything like what the 916 is worth.

My apologies for the confusion. That post certainly does seem as though I'm hanging up my helmet. Not Happening. Hell there was some guy on this site, some crazy Antipodean I think who got banged up a whole lot worse and got back on again. I wonder who that nutter was . . . ;)

If they do go then they'll go to Bonhams - unless someone on this site wants one.

I'll keep you all informed.
Rhino

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Hi Rhino,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. Was concerned that you were "hanging-up-the-helmet" and understand the situation with knees, etc. The P750 is now almost too sharp a knee bend (nothing to do with age of course), will see what happens with that one.
Cheers,

Fraser.
750 Paso
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1991

Post by Tamburinifan »

Lowering/forwarding the foot rests w Variopegs
was one of the better mods l've done.