Any Reason not to buy this?

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
bmw851
model: other
year: 1988

Any Reason not to buy this?

Post by bmw851 »

Album is public click on a picture to look through at it.

Have seen it naked so to speak and barring a bit of age showing is in very good nick, belts have been done and webber serviced with new gaskets and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlaxOyP ... e=youtu.be

Have bought 2 bikes from these guys before, and they are very up front about the bikes they import from Japan, if bought it will be ridden for a bit then will go into storage and be put up for sale in a year or 2, it is not a ride bike for me, more a punt on an investment long term.

Have my 08 Aprilia for riding, my other bike which is an '88 BMW R100RS is in storage as well now.

'pose I'm looking for reasons not to buy it, silly as that sounds.

Cheers

Peter
So long, and thanks for all the fish...............

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: Any Reason not to buy this?

Post by higgy »

If return on investment is your only target, Do the rest of us a favor and look somewhere else :beer: :beer:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

The bike is looking good but I`m with Steve. A 906 is not an investment and if you store it for a few years it will rather cost you as it will need some work to bring it back on the road.

If you`re really looking for reasons not to buy it; the black rubber boot over the forks rebound adjuster is missing and the speedometer cable is loose (it might have been replaced with one that`s too long) ;)

What makes me wonder is that the right exhaust is scratched, as is the footpeg and front brake lever while the complete fairing incl. the air conveyor look mint.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Hi Peter , not being picky , my 906 is a jap import and it has the euro tail light , I thought that the US taillight does not tie up with the km/h speedo . I guess that if your looking to invest then it should be "all correct" AND I my well be wrong ( I think will probly G will know more :) Mine also has a small numbered badge on the tail section just by the grab handle that I thought the jap market ones all had ??
Hamish
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
bmw851

Post by bmw851 »

Thanks for that G, it is has some odd aftermarket throttle grip/tube on it, a few of these bikes ex. Japan bikes have had a light fall or brush up against something or other so not that worried about that part of it, the point I take on board particularly is the bringing back up to spec when ready to sell it, which is I think going to be the deciding factor.

I did go through is it Jon's? 906 what to look for in the FAQ's when I 1st looked at this bike a few weeks ago when it arrived and was stripped down, had a good crawl over it, return on investment was the reason I passed on it 1st time looking at what might need doing here and now, but having seen it all shiny and detailed and running got me going again.

Ta Hamish, yeah it's a US model with a Km/h speedo fitted and the US evap gear removed with the holes from that in the airbox plugged up, and you nailed part of of why I hesitated the first time, it's not a unmolested euro spec bike, didn't know that tidbit about the badges, interesting.

And I love you too Higgy :beer: :beer:

higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

Peter, I have one of each of the Paso's and the 906 was my first and still my favorite.
But I don't expect any one of them to be worth anything to anyone but me as far as an investment goes.

I do however wish I'd kept my 74 750GT, worth more financially than all 3 Paso's together even at your countries price levels :mrgreen:

Oh, and my friends refer to my garage as the ducapasoeum :wacko:

xoxoxo :fart:
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
bmw851

Post by bmw851 »

I hear you Higgy,

Would of, should of, could of, always springs to mind.

I'm just in a very rare and very fortunate situation at the moment, but will only get this one shot at it.

Mate had a 750 GT up until the early '80's, did a bigend once to often, he got finally the shit's with it being in pieces more than riding it and sold it, when we went on rides and stopped for fuel, he'd stop for oil and check the fuel :P

Cannot believe the money that people pay for them now, and bloody Drama's :banghead: , ah beer goggles are a wonderful thing.

It's odd, I've just got a feeling in my water as they say (yes that and old age as well), that the Paso range is on the cusp of being the best new old thing.

Thanks for the input fella's, think I'll wait for a Euro spec 907 to come up.

Ducapasoeum I like it.

And I still do love you Higgy, honest :beer: :beer: :beer:

paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

The M logo is Murayama the japanese importer
Rogero

Post by Rogero »

All our beloved Paso's are never going to be worth a fortune. They are just not liked or viewed as classic Ducati's and the Cagiva era adds to that. I love mine and know all of us do BUT I cannot see them ever being worth a fortune.

Buy it to use it - investment? Look at something else.

Just my two pennyworth....
Rogero
1992 "Red" 907 I.E.
2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDBI (Street Bob)
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

And here is to time making fools/liars of all of us :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

there is a guy here in the states thinks that if he quotes Fallen he will suddenly get 6200 for his 750 paso

but then the ( marketing bitch) who tried to sell the "Original Tricolour 4 valve 907ie" did sell it and to this day the NO thinks he got a deal

an ass for every seat :wacko:
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
bmw851

Post by bmw851 »

I'll most likely be totally wrong about this in the end, as everybody is suggesting and do appreciate the comments, and should also clarify that by investment and return I mean outlay back with hopefully a small margin in a year or 2.

It will all come down to buying at the "right price" and the "right bike" as they say, and well, also have a hankering to have another Ducati back in the shed, that and one I can actually ride initially, without having to go into traction afterwards :-P

Have moved on from this one, so now it will be watch and wait, oh look a shiny red ball..... :lol:

Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Maybe optimistic but Ive always thought that Paso's would come into fashion a bit , didn't make that many , wasn't initially popular , IS a good bike . H2b's were ( and still are ) an evil handling ,wild , petrol eating ill thought out response to someone elses folly ..... but see what they are worth now . I would like to think that any Ducati collection would have to have a Paso in there , if for no other reason than it was a bit "out of the box " as far as Ducati is concerned , fully enclosed body work , box section cradle frame. I think tho that only a completely original one would get the hi dollar , bit like old 303 rifles , I love em but I will only buy one that is original , complete , with all parts displaying matching serial no's , other wise it just a nice old gun , and there are literally millions of them about...... pays to be patient and fussy
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
a330us
year: 1993

Post by a330us »

Hey Steve, how come all the paso's and 907's ended up in PA? It seems as if everything I get is from there. I just picked up a $600 88 paso that I was going to consider a parts bike out of Lancaster but I think its nice enough to put in the line up for eventual resto. I do think that there is a lot of upside in the future for our bikes but you sure need to do your homework or you'll be under water for a very long time.
Still can't get over the $12K one owner 907 in OK that the guy tried to sell for months and then wanted to trade for a travel trailer! Arch.
bmw851

Post by bmw851 »

a330us wrote:Hey Steve, how come all the paso's and 907's ended up in PA? It seems as if everything I get is from there.
Arch, I've gotta ask, and I know it's rude, don't answer if don't want to, but...how many Paso's do you have now? :shock:

Hamish, I always though they were a beautifully styled and shaped bike, were well ahead of their time, that they still look modern and stylish and fresh today is testament to the original design, I think, and part of why one hopes they will come into their own in the next few years, plus as you say there really weren't that many built in the big scheme of things.

higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

Yes there are a lot of Paso's in Pennsylvania.

Montgomeryville Cycle Center sold hundreds as did Fast By Ferraci all through the 80's and 90's

MCC no longer sells Ducati but FBF is still selling them.
There was also a large dealer out in Pittsburg,Harrisburg and Coopersburg.
88 750
90 906
92 907ie