Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

For sale or trade: 1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40

Post by fasterdammit »

I'm looking to sell - but will consider trades/partial trades (partial either way)for certain motorcycles:

Later 748s & 99#s, mid '70s and mid '90s SuperSports. I already have a Monster and a Paso, so I'm not looking for either of those - that applies to STs as well (no offense). There are certain other bikes I may consider, too. Oh - or possibly a (running) 2V +900cc engine (out of a Supersport?). So if anybody's wallopped their SS, I may even have a use for that.

As to the truck:
1972 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
(older pics circa 1999?)
  • Stock 256ci I6, 3spd manual, twin-stick 4x4 (one for transmission, one for transfer case)
  • 0mi 33x10.50x15 Interco Super Swampers on black RockCrawler rims, includes full-sized matching spare (the truck came on 33x12.50 Laredos which helped destroy the steering - which has been rebuilt)
  • Yes, a 3" body lift
  • 4-point roll cage
  • One jump seat in back, two buckets out of an old Ford Tbird up front
  • All new brake system - everything except one hardline (includes drums at each corner, master cylinder, all 8 wheel cylinders (yes, 2 to each wheel), springs, shoes, all but one hard line, and stainless steel lines where applicable.
  • Rebuilt steering - new tie rod ends, Old Man Emu steering stabilizer - no, there is
  • no
  • power steering.
  • Rebuilt electrical - Bosch Blue coil, etc
  • Convertible - no hardtop. The doors have been clipped and welded (no glass, so no upper supports); the rear door has also been welded (and painted).
  • Comes with some new OEM/NOS parts not installed:
    • OEM tail lights
    • Poly gas tank
    • Hi-Jack fender/running board mount
    • Others, but I forget what's out there
  • Comes with tons of literature, including factory chassis and mechanical manuals, Haynes manual, parts suppliers & catalogues, etc etc
  • Plus whatever related items I have floating around out there - don't remember off the top of my head.
The truck is in central NY and has been garaged as long as I've owned it - which was about 1998? when I brought it home. There's been tons of things fixed - it was basket case when I picked it up - and it still needs some lovin', but it's a fun vehicle and a head turner. Definitely NOT a J**p thing - you'll understand when you drive it. :P It puts the "utility" back into SUV.

It's not without its little idiosyncrasies, sure, but it depends where you want to go with it (restore vs rockhopper, etc?). I would replace/relocate the current muffler: someone decided to go with dual exhaust - which sounds great - but they put the muffler directly above the rear pumpkin. It's fine for normal everyday use, but not if you want to take it anywhere bumpier than a gravel driveway, IMO. I'm sure there are other things - it is 33 years old.

I'm asking $3500/obo and will consider some trades (also to be approved by mrs. fasterdammit). I'm getting rid of it because if it's nice enough to be in a convertible without my kid (no room for a car seat) then I'm going to be on a motorcycle. Plus it will feed my two-wheeled habit. Win-win!

Anyway, IM/PM/email me w/ questions, offers, whatever.
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750