Wanted Paso906 decal and pinstriping set

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
sparra

Wanted Paso906 decal and pinstriping set

Post by sparra »

Im restoring my 89` 906 and its at the final stage! ready for the respray and im trying to source the full set of the decals and the pin striping before i send it to the spray painters.I do have the paso906 transfers for the bottom of the fairings,but will puchase any of the rest if i can! seems like i would have more luck finding the needle in the haystack lol,and some one told me about this site.WOW,im impressed all us paso lovers here that can help each other with Q&A this is a top site woohoo.I do have a complete instrumatation for sale its in [mph],483m on the dial it has a small peice on the left hand corner missing as[ the lens only fell of the bench] its about 1/2" square taken out of the lens but thats all, also the clock adjuster is missing,the rest is in top condition and in good working order it maybe good for some one? i can send pic`s if interested im asking $250 +frieght for it. :cool:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Hi Sparra, welcome to the site!

Just my $.02 about pinstriping: I was looking into re-painting a set of skins for my Paso, and instead of trying to find new pinstripe decals, I decided painting the pinstripes on and clearcoating them (along with the rest of the bike) was a much better solution. Using paint, you won't feel the slight relief of the sticker, and it'll be protected under the clearcoat.

Otherwise, I sort of doubt you'll be able to find Ducati-sourced pinstriping stickers, but I'm sure you can find pinstripe kits - where you select the color and thickness, and you get a roll of tape. An automotive detailer, maybe? Or even ask a custom chopper shop. FWIW, I'd go with paint.

Good luck either way - post up some pics when it's all done!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

If you want the decal set there is a mob down here in OZ that claim if they have not got what you want they can make it & have a great reputation for accuracy & detail. I can't think of their name just now but they have been mentioned in the Forums recently & I am sure someone has linked their website, have a browse of the forums you will find them

:thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"