7th Annual Desmo Ducati Picnic and Bike show August 11th

Local guys get together? Post it here!
mrinflux
year: 0

7th Annual Desmo Ducati Picnic and Bike show August 11th

Post by mrinflux »

Guys,

The DesmoDucati Picnic, held every August, In Orange County, NY, has a bike contest. In prior years, Pasos were put in with the Sport Touring Bikes, which they tecnically are, but not a great match,
'cause Pasos don't compare well to modern STs. Last year there were 3 907s, (no, not all mine!), at the picnic and no other Pasos!

Believe it or not, my 907 didn't win!!! I was shocked. Except for maybe this really clean yellow 998, my 907 w/ the Dzus fasteners was easily the nicest Duc at the show. Alas, the judges didn't see it that way. My buddy's "944" won. It's a 900SS w/ a 944 kit and a really trick silver paint job. It's nice, but I don't think it's all that. Everywhere we go, people stop and check his bike out. Why are they looking at his 944 when it's parked right next to my 907? I don't get it!! It's still hard for me to accept that there is not universal agreement among Ducatisti that the 907ie is the nicest, most beautiful Ducati ever made.

Jon Slocum has offered to have a separate catagory for Pasos if we can get a few more entries. Any interest? Anybody want to enter their Paso into the bike contest?

The picnic is lots of fun; great food, great raffle, (I won some sweeeeet boots last year!), dozens of umrella girls, (Ok, slight exageration), and great company!

If we can get a few more Pasos to enter, I'll trailer in my 3, (sorry guys, have to ride the 1098, already promised to bring it!).

Whatta ya say, guys? Any interest? Anybody think they got a nicer 907 than mine? I don't think so!!!! If I bring my 907 w/ the worked engine, I'm gonna have to put ropes around it so people don't drool all over it! Let's bring a bunch of Pasos to the Desmo Picnic this year. That way, I can win 3 tropies: Best Paso, Best Superbike, (My 1098S w/ full termi and clutch bling is a shoe-in!), and Best in Show, (should be the 907, but will probably end up being the 1098).

If your interested, let Jon Slocum know and start waxing!! See you there.

Peace, Elton