Local guys get together? Post it here!

are you going to MotoGP at Laguna Seca?

hell YES I'll be there, Paso and all!
13%
I'll be there, but I'm driving / riding my "brand X"
13%
Damn you guys, I can't make it!
38%
I live halfway around the world! How the heck?
38%

Total votes: 8

mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

DucSoup wrote:
mike wrote:
DucSoup wrote: I think in California it is mostly Man-2. <ducking for cover>
:confused:

Sorry, bad pun. If I remember my paltry law classes, there must be "intent" for murder to be committed. Unintentional taking of life is manslaughter. However, a quick scan of CPC 187-194 shows that manslaughter in CA is not just Man-1 (voluntary) and Man-2 (involuntary). California has a third type - Vehicular manslaughter(Man-3?).

So, while traffic in Monterey (CA) can be "murder," it is more probably Vehicular Manslaughter... :ugh:

It's still a bad pun. The moderator's have my permission to delete.
LOL it's all good :thumbup:
lleach

Monterey MotoGP Roll Call

Post by lleach »

Okay, I am a little behind the times. I plan to make the pilgrimage with wife, van and dog. I will be a the races and checkin' out Ducati Island.
Les
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

well, if you're going, and you haven't registered to park on the island, forget it. there are more ducatis than space on the island (!).
lleach

MotoGP @ Laguna Seca Roll Call

Post by lleach »

No bike. We stay in Marina (used to stay in Pacific Grove), I catch the bus in Seaside and then hoof it around the track. Sometimes on Saturday I will drive to the track. This year I think I will take the bus. I will spend a little more time looking around Ducati Island.

Les
BevHevSteve

MotoGP

Post by BevHevSteve »

However you get to Monterey, please come to Ducati Island sometime once you get to the track. Besides all the usual good stuff, you can check your helmet and gear so you don;t have to carry it around, you can sit in the DOC tent and watch the races/practice/qualifing etc on the TV if you get too cooked in the sun, have some water or coffee and more.

Last year I was able to assemble a pretty nice collection of early Ducati bikes for the Ducati Island Museo, but unfortunately, I couldn;t find a PASO to show.... Well I didn;t know about this site either. Nice. Next year I will post my all call over here as well as we will most likely have a general museo once more.

Anyways, this year I have gathered some very interesting Ducati racebikes to display in the museo. Please come in and check them out when you find some time. It will be worth your while.

Steve Allen
http://www.BevelHeaven.com
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: MotoGP

Post by mike »

BevHevSteve wrote:However you get to Monterey, please come to Ducati Island sometime once you get to the track. Besides all the usual good stuff, you can check your helmet and gear so you don;t have to carry it around, you can sit in the DOC tent and watch the races/practice/qualifing etc on the TV if you get too cooked in the sun, have some water or coffee and more.

Last year I was able to assemble a pretty nice collection of early Ducati bikes for the Ducati Island Museo, but unfortunately, I couldn;t find a PASO to show.... Well I didn;t know about this site either. Nice. Next year I will post my all call over here as well as we will most likely have a general museo once more.

Anyways, this year I have gathered some very interesting Ducati racebikes to display in the museo. Please come in and check them out when you find some time. It will be worth your while.

Steve Allen
http://www.BevelHeaven.com
I got my parking pass for the island, and will be more than happy to put the Paso in your 'museo'.

Catch up with me on the island if you can... my bike's license plate is in the avatar. :thumbup:
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

oh lordy it was amazing... with an american 1-2 finish the crowd went wild. pictures coming; still finishing up with the photos from the 'driveabout'
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

It was certianly good to see bikes back @ Laguna Seca, it is a great track to watch bikes race around. Look forward to the pics mike.

The result was not too bad, so Who is the number 1 Repsol Honda man? :laugh:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

first off, I want to mention that once again Steve did a great job with the museo on the island... seeing Doug Polen's bike's clothed and naked, and doug himself reunited with one of his racebikes was amazing.

that said, here's some pix from the island

some paddock stuff (yes, there were lots of girls)

and finally, some on track action

what a great weekend. all of the pix can be seen at: http://forums.ducatipaso.org/viewtopic. ... _album.php
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Brilliant stuff, Mike!

I would even say some of them are good enough to go in Apex!
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

skins - YOU pick a set for the apex. I want to see what other people like of what I do, and why.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Great! I'd LOVE to do that, Mike, and I will as soon as I can give the task the attention it deserves. Dad's just gone into hospital - it's serious - and besides that, I can only do simple stuff at the moment. So give me a few days.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Skins, our thoughts are with you & your dad mate, I hope all turns out good

Mike, excellant shots once again, thanks for sharing them :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

skins, take your time. family is #1. take care of your dad, and best wishes.
Paul
year: 1987

Post by Paul »

Skins,

I hope your dad is doing OK. I'm sure he has the old "Afrikaaner fighting spirit".

Paul