Local guys get together? Post it here!

are you going to MotoGP at Laguna Seca?

hell YES I'll be there, Paso and all!
13%
I'll be there, but I'm driving / riding my "brand X"
13%
Damn you guys, I can't make it!
38%
I live halfway around the world! How the heck?
38%

Total votes: 8

mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

MotoGP @ Laguna Seca - PHOTO GALLERY

Post by mike »

OK guys, whos going? What do we expect for the Paso population?

I am trailering the Paso in from Sacramento so I can park 'er on the island. I don't want to log 600 miles with the amount of stuff I need to transport to Monterey, so trailer it is.

:thumbup:
Last edited by mike on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

I wish Mike, I really wish. Even if 'brand X' was a rental car. And to be out by Monterey again, take in some races? :sad: Can't do it though ... some day, hopefully. Take in some more pictures for me though - you've got a fantastic eye! :thumbup:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
ahdoman

Post by ahdoman »

So Mike, what yur tellin' us is that your gonna pull the Paso on a trailer behin' the BM'r? Wow! You are dedicated. :umm:
1988 Red Ducati Paso 750
1999 BMW R1100S
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

ahdoman wrote:So Mike, what yur tellin' us is that your gonna pull the Paso on a trailer behin' the BM'r? Wow! You are dedicated. :umm:
LOL no, behind my friend's xterra. I need to put a hitch on the TDI. :evil:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Re: MotoGP @ Laguna Seca - ROLL CALL

Post by redpaso »

mike wrote:I am trailering the Paso in from Sacramento so I can park 'er on the island. I don't want to log 600 miles with the amount of stuff I need to transport to Monterey, so trailer it is.

Mike, Tooth brush & credit card! what more do you need :confused: (you take a good photo so maybe digital camera in a back pack & if you must a tent & sleeping bag but they are optional).

The journey is half the point of going to these things!!! :rant: The experience of riding toward a Mecca of motrorcycling, the closer you get the more bikes on the road, car drivers actually acknowledge your existance when there are that many of you on the roads. Stopping in the little towns for fuel & a "Bert & Earnie" washed down with good coffee, nights in dodgy motels that are full of riders so it is OK to make a littel noise. The races & then more of the same on teh trip home :cool: You just don't get that experience in a "tin top". :thumbdown: :sad:

Ditch your stuff & the car/trailer combo. Take the Paso & enjoy the ride. thats what it is all about (you have 2 paso's so your mate could take one as well & increase the Paso Rollcall :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: MotoGP @ Laguna Seca - ROLL CALL

Post by mike »

redpaso wrote:
mike wrote:I am trailering the Paso in from Sacramento so I can park 'er on the island. I don't want to log 600 miles with the amount of stuff I need to transport to Monterey, so trailer it is.

Mike, Tooth brush & credit card! what more do you need :confused: (you take a good photo so maybe digital camera in a back pack & if you must a tent & sleeping bag but they are optional).

The journey is half the point of going to these things!!! :rant: The experience of riding toward a Mecca of motrorcycling, the closer you get the more bikes on the road, car drivers actually acknowledge your existance when there are that many of you on the roads. Stopping in the little towns for fuel & a "Bert & Earnie" washed down with good coffee, nights in dodgy motels that are full of riders so it is OK to make a littel noise. The races & then more of the same on teh trip home :cool: You just don't get that experience in a "tin top". :thumbdown: :sad:

Ditch your stuff & the car/trailer combo. Take the Paso & enjoy the ride. thats what it is all about (you have 2 paso's so your mate could take one as well & increase the Paso Rollcall :thumbup:
you're telling this to a guy that rides 10,000 miles per year?

:laugh: :neener:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

So you will know what you are missing out on, trust me you will have a better time on the bike :D

At least ride & let your mate take your stuff in the car, he was driving anyway :laugh:

I remember heading down to the Phillip Island grand Prix in 1989 & geting all set up in the camp ground, it was a beautiful sea of 2 wheeled machinery spreading as far as the eye could see (right to the sea actually). We set up camp & headed off in search of cold beer & steak sangers. We returned to our camp in much darkness & when we stumbled out in the morning (not too early because we found the cold beers) there was this guy setting up next to us with his ute that carried his pristine Harley, we thought poor guy must have an injury or breakdown or something but when we spoke to him he said that he hardly ever rode the bike he just carried it on the back of the ute so that everyone knew he owned it. When it was all over he pushed the Bike back on the Ute & drove away, never started it the whole time he was there. He was not a nice person either & I guess that has left a bad taste in my mouth of guys that truck their bikes to places when they should be riding them. :sad: :screwy: :thumbdown:

I am sure that is not the case with you as PAso owners are a descent folk, I hope you get out on the track for a few laps or at least ride about the local area while you are there. enjoy the races & the Paso's. If you can get all paso's together for a photo we would all be impressed :thumbup: :thumbup:
Redpaso
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

If you can get all paso's together for a photo we would all be impressed

Yes indeed!
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

redpaso wrote:So you will know what you are missing out on, trust me you will have a better time on the bike :D

At least ride & let your mate take your stuff in the car, he was driving anyway :laugh:

I remember heading down to the Phillip Island grand Prix in 1989 & geting all set up in the camp ground, it was a beautiful sea of 2 wheeled machinery spreading as far as the eye could see (right to the sea actually). We set up camp & headed off in search of cold beer & steak sangers. We returned to our camp in much darkness & when we stumbled out in the morning (not too early because we found the cold beers) there was this guy setting up next to us with his ute that carried his pristine Harley, we thought poor guy must have an injury or breakdown or something but when we spoke to him he said that he hardly ever rode the bike he just carried it on the back of the ute so that everyone knew he owned it. When it was all over he pushed the Bike back on the Ute & drove away, never started it the whole time he was there. He was not a nice person either & I guess that has left a bad taste in my mouth of guys that truck their bikes to places when they should be riding them. :sad: :screwy: :thumbdown:

I am sure that is not the case with you as PAso owners are a descent folk, I hope you get out on the track for a few laps or at least ride about the local area while you are there. enjoy the races & the Paso's. If you can get all paso's together for a photo we would all be impressed :thumbup: :thumbup:
190 miles of superslab. bumper to bumper traffic on and off the peninsula. 5 days of gear, photo equipment, club stuff... not this time. a poser I am not, but unless you've dealt with the mess in monterey, you won't understand why I've made this decision.

add to that the fact that I dont' trust Paso #2 to be reliable for that kind of a ride (I'm sure it'd be fine, but ask me about my nightmare a few years back on Paso #1) just helps me to make the decision.

now, my trip to the USGP at Indy this summer, now THATS going to be an adventure (shoud log 7,000 miles in 2 weeks!), as well as my riding and camping for a week on the motorcycle safety crew for ALC I think I'll meet my adventure quota. :D
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Ok, I have experienced this type of thing & as long as you are committed to a 7ooo mile trip in the near future you will be forgiven for the whole car/trailer thing. There is nothing worse than bunper to bumper everything. Just enjoy the races & we look forward to a lot of great photos, you seem to have an eye for it :thumbup:
Redpaso
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

I've spent some time in Monterey, and man is it gorgeous, but the traffic can be murder.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

fasterdammit wrote:I've spent some time in Monterey, and man is it gorgeous, but the traffic can be murder.
I think in California it is mostly Man-2. <ducking for cover>
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

DucSoup wrote:
fasterdammit wrote:I've spent some time in Monterey, and man is it gorgeous, but the traffic can be murder.
:confused:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

DucSoup wrote:
Manslaughter, two years?

No wonder road rage got so bad ... :neener:
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

mike wrote:
DucSoup wrote:
:confused:

Sorry, bad pun. If I remember my paltry law classes, there must be "intent" for murder to be committed. Unintentional taking of life is manslaughter. However, a quick scan of CPC 187-194 shows that manslaughter in CA is not just Man-1 (voluntary) and Man-2 (involuntary). California has a third type - Vehicular manslaughter(Man-3?).

So, while traffic in Monterey (CA) can be "murder," it is more probably Vehicular Manslaughter... :ugh:

It's still a bad pun. The moderator's have my permission to delete.