Italy tour - Milano, Como July 23-28, 2005

Local guys get together? Post it here!
jomo
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Italy tour - Milano, Como July 23-28, 2005

Post by jomo »

I pick up my Ducati ST3 at Milan in the morning of July 23. My friend will pick up his BMW R1100RT. We are staying in Como until July 28 and we want to do a lot of touring. If any members of the club would like to join us, please send me an email. We are a group of six, 3 married couples. The other couple will drive our hire car. We would like to meet up with other Paso members who would like to show us your best roads and scenery.

Prendo il mio Ducati ST3 a Milano alla mattina del 23 luglio. Il mio amico prenderà il suo BMW R1100RT. Stiamo rimanendo in Como fino al 28 luglio e desideriamo fare il turismo molto. Se dei membri del randello volessero unirli, prego trasmettami un email. Siamo un gruppo di sei, 3 coppia di sposi. Le altre coppie condurranno il nostro automobile di noleggio. Vorremmo incontrarsi con altri membri di Paso che vorrebbero mostrarci le vostri strade e paesaggio migliori.
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250
lceriani
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by lceriani »

Jomo,
I live in Saronno, about 30Km from Como. I would be glad to join you on a ride to the como lake (http://www.larioonline.it/english/), but actually my Paso is still in repair! (as usually, in the latest period... :sad: )
However, if I manage to put it on the road again, we can meet.
Can you give me more details? I send you mi phone # by private message.

Bye,

LC
Jose
year: 0

Post by Jose »

Hello, Lceriani. I have ordered you an Imail on your regulator, not, if you have received it. If it is like that I have mas information about this topic.
jomo

Post by jomo »

I would like to thank lceriani and his lovely girlfriend for meeting us in Como, Italy while we were touring in July.

They took us around Lake Como and showed us areas we would not have seen as tourists. I have now been to Switzerland and Italy about 7 times....and that was all in the same day. We crossed the border so many times I never new whether I was spending Euros or Swiss Francs (or is it Swiss dollars now?).

Doesn't matter, we had a great time and it was great to meet one of the members.

Next, I must catch up with redpaso and lionelburns as they are a bit closer.

Can't believe how much traffic there is in Italy, you really have to go to remote places to have some fun. But the good thing is , they all respect a motorcycle. You pull out to overtake in the craziest places, and the oncoming traffic just moves over for you! Probably because they all started out on scooters and their children ride scooters. Try this in Aus and you become a target. Interesting but sad. I felt safe riding like a lunatic in Italy, but allways on guard at home.
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Suzuki RMX250
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

That sounds AWESOME. Very jealous, over here in the States. :) Hopefully you have pictures to share?
jomo wrote:I felt safe riding like a lunatic in Italy
:funny: This made me spit my coffee out. That's freakin' great! :laugh:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
lceriani

Post by lceriani »

Hallo Jomo!
I just came back to Italy from a holiday in Corsica (veeeery good for motorcycles: curves everywhere and very little traffic!) and I read you're back in Australia. I am very happy you enjoyed the visit in Como, for me it was really a great pleasure to meet you all.
I had the photos still in my camera, but I'll transfer them as soon as possibile and send them by email (maybe 1 or 2 to the forum, too).

Bye!

LC
jomo

Post by jomo »

LC,

You should have taken me to Corsica, I love curves, Ducatis love curves. Next time maybe!

It is very strange to get back on the 906 after an ST3. The ST3 is very easy to ride fast, it is more like a regular bike ( nobody say Japanese). The 906 feels like you are leaning over with an axle in your hands. I really believe a 906 is the most difficult bike to master that I have ever ridden. I think that is why there have been so many negative comments over the years.

Fasterdammit (I hope I spelt that correctly) You are only allowed to burn yourself with McDonalds coffee. Then you can sue for millions of dollars! Mate....we wouldn't even dream of riding like that in oz. It is bloody fantastic!
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Suzuki RMX250
lceriani

Post by lceriani »

Here are some (small) photos of our trip in Como!

A particular view from the lake:
(I love the lake because there are many surprising views like this everywhere...)

The Australian crew on a bridge:

Altogether at the restaurant :lick: :
(Jomo is the one on the right end)

The bikes:
(My Paso is... well, you see it!)

:thumbup:

LC
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by DuC-MaN »

Cool!

I hope to visit Italy by bike too... someday...
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
lceriani

Post by lceriani »

If you pass near Como/Milano/Varese, you are always welcome!
Moreover I am in contact with a Ducatist that owns a "bed&breakfast" for motorcyclists in Tuscany... :lick: