The world is busy riding

Chat about anything not Paso related here
Marinus

The world is busy riding

Post by Marinus »

The forum is soooooooooooo quite at the moment. I’m doing my winter maintenance and the rest of the world must be so busy riding they don’t have time to chat :thumbup: . Aint it great. I will take comfort in the fact that although I have chosen to take her off the road for a couple of months, my PASO will run sweet when it’s back together. :D
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Marinus,

Same here. What maintenance are you doing? I'm fitting a pair of Mikunis, replacing timing belts, adjusting valve clearances, wiring modifications and usual oil/filters etc. Bye,
Fraser.
Marinus

Post by Marinus »

Hi Fraser
I'm doing wiring modifications fuel filter, cleaning out tank, new inlet manifold rubber and getting one side painted because I dropped the bike a few months ago. I'm also doing or should i say getting the valve clearances adjusted.
Where did you get a pair of Mikunis from? How Much did you pay for them? My Webber ran sweet untill about 500km befor I took it of the road but I'm guessing a inch long hole in the inlet manifold rubber wasn't helping things very much. I also scraped one of my cans so I picked up a brand new pair of 900ss cans for $300 on trade me so I will need to get joining pipes made for them.
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Marinus,

It's a long story, but here is the shortened version. I bought 5 indicator/mirrors from a manufacturer in Italy (the minimum quantity). Exchanged 4 of these for the Mikunis (including manifolds, rubbers, throttle and cables) and they gave me AU$400; from Eurobrit spares in Melbourne. The carbs etc were approx AU$600. Also got a Dynajet kit and some pods as the standard air box is redundent.

Fraser.
Marinus

Post by Marinus »

Have you seen this?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=63038441

Just incase your garage isn't full enough. A good use for another mirror.