gotta get a cage

Chat about anything not Paso related here
pikey

gotta get a cage

Post by pikey »

I am finally breaking down and getting a four wheeled vehicle. I just dont want to do another winter on a motorcycle. I rode around all last winter on an '83 honda shadow 500 rat bike. Well i have parted with all my old ratty jap bikes, and I am left with my only source of transportation: my paso 750, which I WILL NOT ride in the snow! so anyways I found a good running dodge caravan for $200. I guess during the upcoming cold winter months I can do the wiring upgade on my paso and all the other stuff to have her ready for action next spring!

anyone have any good winter riding stories? I would sure like to hear them!

pikey
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

I'm right smack in the middle of the snow belt in central NY, and I've actually been considering getting a big dualie or a thumper to commute on. Mrs.fasterdammit thinks I'm out of my mind. But I get to park in the garage across the street and work is only about 4mi away from the house. I think it'd be a blast; she thinks it's an excuse to buy another bike (well, yeah, that too, am I that transparent?) Plus, if I buy the right bike - knobbies in the winter and supersports in the summer = Supermoto! w00t!

Otherwise, winter driving stories? I dunno - but it is fun making my turns by breaking the rear end free on my old Explorer and low-speed drifting it around corners. :) I'd still rather be on a bike though ...

BTW, I plan to relate your story to the mrs. in support of my argument to get a "winter" bike ;) :thumbup:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
pikey

Post by pikey »

excuse to buy another bike? HA! as if excuses are needed!