Greetings

Chat about anything not Paso related here
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Greetings

Post by fasterdammit »

Hi all, just thought I'd post up as a new member ...

I have a blue '88 750 that I recued from a barn a couple years ago. I bought it 4k on the clock, bone stock. A couple scratches on a vent panel from a 0mph over-balance tip over, a cracked mirror pod, and a corner of the owner's manual missing that fed a mouse for a winter. That's about it. LOVE the bike, and all things Ducati. I have a '97 Monster 750 that's been tweaked, too. Standard stuff - nothing drastic - but enough to make it fun (and make an R6 weep).

Besides new speedo & tach cables, and a rebuilt mirror pod (yay, JB Weld) - my only issue has been the Weber 44. Not really an 'issue', just a nuisance. I replaced the original with a re-jetted one (ebay: $50; RR kit & custom jets from Weber) - new jets according to several sources that would iron out the 4500rpm flat spot ... supposedly. The flat spot is gone, and it runs rich instead. Which is fine at 50+ mph, but stinks (literally) otherwise. So I'm considering a Mikuni conversion for this season. (So I'll be harrasing the tech forum for details shortly - heads up) I'm also planning to install Martin Brickwood's collets at the next valve check (12k, also before this season starts). I have them in my Monster (+38k) and like them.

Otherwise, I'm in Syracuse NY. Anybody else in the area? Always up for rides, Tuesday nights especially. That is of course, once the snow's gone. :P

Looking forward to being part of the new community!
Jake
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750