SPOILER WARNING MOTO GP

Chat about anything not Paso related here
Ducman
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

SPOILER WARNING MOTO GP

Post by Ducman »

Australian rider Casey Stoner took command of the MotoGP world championship as he cruised to victory in a rain soaked British Grand Prix at Donington Park. With a stunning surge over the final 15 laps of the 30-lap race Stoner, dismantled his rivals to win by more than 11 seconds. :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: It was Stoner’s fifth win from eight races this season, in front of 84,000 drenched spectators.

Stoner’s victory was all the more remarkable given that he was trapped in blinding spray back in 12th place on lap one after a poor start.

In a bid for his maiden GP victory, Colin Edwards had no response with his Yamaha unable to respond to Stoner’s flying red Ducati. After starting from pole position the Texan finished second with another Australian, Chris Vermeulen, finishing third on a Suzuki.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Biggest problem in Yamaha was those Michelin tires, as You maybe noticed, when they showed some camera fotos from back of Rossis bike, when he was driving in end of race. Michelins wear too much in end of race.... Bridgestone had better tires for such conditions. Anyway Stoner seems to be this year champion.... with Slovakian wife! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

I was impressed by that camera on the rear tire of Valentino Rossi.
I can't understand how he could ride...
No matter, Stoner and the Ducati seem invincible!
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
Ducman

Post by Ducman »

and the Texas Tornado grabbed the pole and finished second on the same bike tire combo as Rossi
Ducman

Post by Ducman »

MotoGP World Championship leader Casey Stoner topped the timesheets on the first day of practice for Saturday’s race, his time of 1’37.828 making him the only rider to break the 1’38 marker in the afternoon session.

With track temperatures rising on a pleasant day at Assen, all riders in the MotoGP class showed a consistent improvement over the course of the day. The top four overall was made up of as many different factories, with Randy de Puniet continuing his recent run of good form to finish with the closest time to the storming Stoner; just over two tenths of a second slower on his Kawasaki Ninja ZX-RR800.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

I think, 2. place was best to Stoner, what he can get from Assen, cause Rossi drove very, very good race... thinking, from where Rossi started race and he win.... :laugh:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Ducman

Post by Ducman »

Strong race for Stoner just like the rest of the season. Rossi's grid position reflected how badly his tires suck in the wet. Good race though I will be surprised if he or Yamaha can pull off a championship this year :neener: :neener:
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

At last yamaha gave to valentino enough power to save the rear tire for the last laps!
It 's easier to face a challenge if you can ride a performing bike! :D
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

ducapaso wrote:It 's easier to face a challenge if you can ride a performing bike! :D
:thumbup:
But Yamaha has to work too.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
Ducman

Post by Ducman »

rock and roll in California ....Stoner rules again!!!
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Where shall usa texas tornado drive next year???? :confused: :evil: :laugh:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Ducman

Post by Ducman »

seems like you have to come from Aus these days, but you can't find a nicer guy than Edwards
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

I am very sorry, but i dont want to "come from Aus these days", like You wrote! I want to spend hole of my rest life in north Europe and i am very proud of that.... :laugh: This is very nice place to live; Our nature is one of cleanest in hole world... and plenty of very clean lakes here! Btw, here can drink direct from lake..hahahahahah.... :laugh: Anyway, one part of my heart belong to Slovakia (sorry, but cant tell more about it...), so I "accept" Stoners very cute wife(who is from Slovakia...) and also then Casey Stoner, who is winning Moto GP this year... Anyway many greetings to Australia, what is JUST in other side of world, than Finland; here is just mid summer and in Australia is "wintertime", so aussies maybe maintain they Pasos just now....? Any Aussie here? SURELY some! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Btw, seems, that Edwards is going out very soon from Moto GP. OR to some "small team", what cant win races.... :evil:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Ducman

Post by Ducman »

actually what I meant by that Aus remark is that while Stoner is showing them the way in Moto GP, there are also the Troys...Bayliss and Corser, I could go on to list all the great riders past and present who have come from there but I think you get the point.
Glad you like it where you are sounds like a great place but then again I think I live in the best place of all. :funny:
Guess you wouldn't like Edwards cause he's American. :screwy:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I am an aussie & I reckon I live in the best place in the world!!! I actually live about 20km from Troy Bayliss farm near Taree. Casey Stoner owns a farm about 3 hours away. In addition to Stoner & the 2 troys don't forget Chris Vehumulan & Anthony West, 3 Aussies in the Top 7 @ Laguna!!! broc Parkes & Kevin Curtian, Andrew Pitt Etc, we are pretty well represented in the top classes of world racing. We are not really into racing the small stuff here though so it is why we are not strong in the smaller classes unless like stoner you relocated to Europe at an early age.
Interestingly though a few years back Colin Edwards did try & get dual US/Aus citizenship as he has strong family connections with Australia but from memory he did not get it. Maybe if he did he would have won a GP race by now, I wish he would, he is a great racer.

Finnpaso, thanks for the greetings, sure it is Winter here but in almost all of the country we ride all year round so maintainance is something you have to fit in during the week late at night in teh shed so you can ride every weekend. It gets cold but is not very often that you could not ride, I was out on the weekend & apart from a thicker shirt under my leathers it was riding as normal. That is why I live in the best place in the world!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"