500 leden!
500 membres!

How about that!
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Ok, so I was off a couple days, but still ...

w00t! 500!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

WHOOOOO - HOOOOO!!!!!!!

WELL DONE TEAM

PASO DOMINATION!!!!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Skins,

500 is a nice round number ( and growing) but forgive me for mentioning that I would rather see 150 really active members instead.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

I know what you mean, Jon, but some folks are a bit shy (as I am in 'real life') and it's OK by me if they just want to read.

Also, we have an unknown number of members (maybe quite a large number) who may not be confident about their English language skills. And we've just had a significant influx of newbies who may need a little time before they join in.

Hell, if everyone posted as much as me and Faster and a few others, it would be chaos!
steele

Post by steele »

501 ALREADY :thumbup:
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Skins wrote:I know what you mean, Jon, but some folks are a bit shy (as I am in 'real life') and it's OK by me if they just want to read.

Lurk before you leap? I guess.

It's also interesting that not that many of the yahoo posters have not migrated over to the forum.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

The Yahoo forum is pretty active, that's for sure ... I get the digest, so it's become a handy archive. I think it's just that those guys are used to that medium and they have built their own community, so it'd be like starting from scratch w/ the online forum. It'd be cool if this forum could benefit from all that discussion, too though ...

But still, 500(+) members ain't bad either! Congrats, Mike & everybody!
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Mike owns both. I read and post to both forums. I get that yahoo posts via email and like it better than reading the forum.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Hey guys, excuse my ignorance but what is the Yahoo Forum & how do I get there to check it out? :oops:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

If you go to the ducatipaso.org home page, redpaso, you will see in the top right corner, under the random photo, some red text scrolling up in a box. If you click on a line of the text, it will take you to a Yahoo ducati forum. In the top left corner of our home page, there is a menu of three items, and the bottom one, ducatipaso.org list, will I think also take you there. I think that's what they're talking about.

There is also something called ducati.ms, which is an all-ducati forum, and which looks quite big.
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

Skins wrote:If you go to the ducatipaso.org home page, redpaso, you will see in the top right corner, under the random photo, some red text scrolling up in a box. If you click on a line of the text, it will take you to a Yahoo ducati forum. In the top left corner of our home page, there is a menu of three items, and the bottom one, ducatipaso.org list, will I think also take you there. I think that's what they're talking about.

There is also something called ducati.ms, which is an all-ducati forum, and which looks quite big.
ducati.ms is based here in Sacramento too. The guy lives like 10 minutes from my house. Haven't met him yet heard he's cool. I don't post there though between this site and the local vw club site (which I run , too) i just have no time!!!
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

I'm a mod for the Monster forum on ducati.ms, actually. Same name as here. :) There's a 'sport tourer' forum, which includes Pasos, but the Paso content is pretty sparse - it's all ST2/3/4 talk. Once in a while though. Stop in and say hi if you sign up, anybody ... !

That's a decent forum - Scott, the owner, is a great guy. He and Andy (the ducati.ms maintenance man) also run a BMW forum, too. A K-bike site, maybe?

Anyway, it's pretty cool ... something for everyone. ;) They've got a forum for just about every Ducati genre, including a Bimota forum (doesn't seem to get much traffic), a set of forums breaking down the members by region, which is pretty cool (although it doesn't get lots of traffic), plus a handful of off-topic-esque forums. I pretty much just stay involved in the Monster forum ... the off-topic stuff gets too time-consuming. :roll: There are a bunch of characters over there, but all good folks.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Thanks guys, I'll check this all out. (as soon as I get some time)

Why does my paid job always get in the way of what I want to do !! :mad: :mad: :mad:
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

fasterdammit wrote:I'm a mod for the Monster forum on ducati.ms, actually. Same name as here. :) There's a 'sport tourer' forum, which includes Pasos, but the Paso content is pretty sparse - it's all ST2/3/4 talk.
Too many forums thins out the information. I don't have the time to monitor all the dufferent Duc sites. I get my Paso fix here and on the twin Yahoo site.