Welcome to the Ranks of the Certifiable

Chat about anything not Paso related here
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Ok Guys - the replacement vehicle for the Landcruiser is now in the driveway........... :roll: :roll:
How about a SWB Mitsi Pajero - 3.5 V6 auto. Seems to have heaps of go, & is real comfy to drive............. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Smacked on a set of Cooper mud tires already - ARB bullbar, & a snorkel will happen next week............ :D :D
Now, so long as its not tooooooo hard on fuel - it'll be fine..........
(If it is thirsty - will just have to use the Ducati more often - bugger........ :roll: :D )
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Duck, an interesting choice, especially for one who works in the 4wd instruction industry. In my experience with Pajeros they would not pull the skin off a rice custard :laugh: . What year pajero are you now in possession of, my opinions were formed a few years ago so they may be a lot more powerful nowdays. Then again if you are not towing it is not such an issue i guess. Any way congrats on your purchase. It is always good to have a new toy to play with. :thumbup: So why did the Cruiser have to go?
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Hi Red - Got rid of the Cruiser because it was'nt really the 'right look' for what I do now............& I could'nt afford to keep it & get something else, ironically. So have ended up with a 94 Pajero, that has done a third of the mileage, & have change lefty over to modify it a bit........... :roll: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Plus the Pajero will be a bit more user-friendly for the Mrs to use... :sad:
So why a Pajero...........nice & short for 4WD work - heaps of power (must be around 150kw.....), real comfy to drive, plus got all the extra rubbish like cruise-control etc etc...
And, ARB make LOTS of gooooood stuff for it........ :D :D :thumbup: :thumbup:
So, we'll see how it goes.............
Rodney
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

I agree the Pagero's are getting better , i have a old 4 cyclinder one works well never fails to start might be a little slow uphills but has the low down torgue when in the rough stuff. the newer V6 3.6l are a better engine. they did make a 3.8l conversion using the GM 3.8l V6 motor but a bit thirsty on the gas.

Rodney
Ducati ST2 2002 , Ducati 696 2010 , Ducati Pantah 1983 (in progress )