CD Musical tastes are............

Chat about anything not Paso related here
Duck01

CD Musical tastes are............

Post by Duck01 »

Well guys - what would ya ride/drive/work/listen to mosta the time - for me, it tends to be a variety (depending on the mood at the time), but includes - Texas - Nickel Back :cool: :thumbup: :thumbup: - AC/DC :thumbup: :evil: :roll: - Midnite Oil :cool: - Jimmy Barnes :thumbup: - Shania Twain :lick: - Phil Collins - Meatloaf - The Corrs - 3 Doors Down :thumbup: :thumbup: :cool:

:umm: :umm: - think thats most of what is in the ute at the moment - what gives your ears a hiding, besides the sound of a Ducati exhaust :thumbup: :roll: :D .....??
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Lately? Liquid Tension Experiment #2 & Steve Vai's latest. Although I've been digging along w/ some of Vai's older stuff at work, too - Ultra Zone (especially "Frank"), Alien Love Secrets, Live in an Ultra World ...
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Was in the ute today, & noticed CDs from a great - great singer missing of the above list - SPRINGSTEEN!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Absolutely love Darlington County, Working on the Highway, Glory days etc etc - real neat songs!!! Same with 'The River', where he preludes it with the talk about the father & son, in relation to the Vietnam War..........just goes straight to the soul....... :thumbup: :thumbup:

While I'm talking bout 'Bruce' - there's not often that I have sympathy for Harley owners, but I certainly did at their Centenary Celebrations, when Elton-bloody-John was the singer there..... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :confused:
I'm sure there was probably politics involved - etc etc - but how would ya feel if ya'd shipped your beloved bike around the world, then rode it accross the USA to the celebrations, to find a limp-wristed Pommy singer is the 'entertainment'........
They've had 100yrs to 'think about it', & thats what they came up with?????!!!!!!
Have heard there was a heap of owners there, that were just 'gutted', (as ya would be!!!)
Would have been a perfect event for 'The Boss', I reckon....... :thumbup:
Last edited by Duck01 on Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

pat metheny
miles davis
john coltrane
brad meldhau
keith jarrett
laurie anderson
herbie hancock
john zorn
chick corea
dexter gordon
freddie hubbard
you get the drift...
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

motown
classic rock
j.j. cale ( "wish i was your underwear hanging 'round your waist,every time you shake that thing i get a little taste") closer to you song. there's more,ya should listen to it!!!!!!
john prine ( dear abby,dear abby) a classic
love the sound tracks from both "blues brothers" movies
some country ,but not the tears in the beers stuff
i have a very understanding wife as she tolerates my music whereas i can't listen to heavy metal, which she does.
i'll listen to most any sports,college or pro,mens or womens, although i'm not a sports fanatic.reminds me of long ago as a small child, dad would be in front of the b&w tv watching a game or fight and have the radio by his ear listening to another game.
rode up to canada 20 some yrs ago to watch and listen to vintage bike races b-4 it got popular. liked mid-ohio when the vintage stuff was at the end of the day after the modern stuff.like it now too but boy is it crowded!
went to steamboat springs,colorado twice to watch and listen to the vintage bikes. that was a 1,300 mile trip each way. jeff smith was there and asked why the vintage stuff couldn't have their own weekend at mid-ohio.he said it wasn't feasable at that time. acouple years later they hooked up with the ama to create vintage days and now look at the turn out.
i know the races aren't really music as to what was posted here but i'd rather hear the bikes than most of what's on the radio today,so in my feeble mind it is music.well let me clarify this a bit,singles, twins and triples,as long as they're four strokes. we did hear the 250 honda 6 cylinder make a parade lap in canada,it was to make 2 laps but failed. people ran to the fence when it was going around.that baby was LOUD. oh,the three of us who rode up there back then (500 miles) were the only spectators who rode bikes and camped for the weekend! big crowd,no. big fans,yes.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Blues Brothers Soundtracks!- Wiggsy you are talking my language man! I love them too & keep them with me here at work so I can play them loud when i go out in the work vehicles :D

I am a Blues man, nothing like a bit of John Lee Hooker or early ray charles (when he was real Bluesy). I love old music (20-50's ) as well as Old R & B. This new R&B just is not worthy of the name & anoys me a lot. I love Arethe Franklin (what a woman). I also love Jazz & folk. I am pretty into Irish music too. Love the Pogues! as well as LuKa Bloom & that sort of thing. I tend to like the more independant stuff such as Ani de franco, stuff with a raw edge to it.

Then there are the classics such as Elvis, Orbison, Diamond, Nina Simone, Lady Day etc. Can't beat this stuff.

I will listen to most music but can't stand real heavy metal or techno. I don't like all that commercial stuff either.

I guess I am showing my age here, (even though it is mid 30's) I just got the Blues real bad :sad: :evil:

I am also really into the Bagpipes (much to the discust of my kids on a Sunday morning when the weather is not good for a ride)
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

I never did see Blues Brothers #2, but the original has long been a favorite, and I've listened to those two albums from the original movie since I was kid.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrubber bisCUIT!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

C'mon Red - theres no way you're my age & lisiening to that stuff mate............. :roll: :thumbdown:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

It is really good stuff Duck! it has rythm & style & soul & emotion & all that stuff. I listen to all the stuff you mentioned (except Shania Twain.....mate what are you think with here :laugh: :screwy: :laugh: ) I am a big fan of the Boss :thumbup:
I grew up listening to Icehouse & the Oils & had teh biggest thing for Sharon O'Neil (she was one hot Kiwi :lick: ) But i just love Jazz & Blues, have a good listen yourself, it is good stuff. :cool:

I guess sometimes I am an old man, I owned a BMW @ 22 :screwy:

Faster - get down to the Video shop & hire Blues brothers 2000, it is brilliant :thumbup: A lot of people gripped that it was just the same as teh first one but that is what makes it so great, It Is the Same!! :eek: It is very cleverly made & the soundtrack is awesome :D Even if you don't like the movie buy th esoundtrack :thumbup:
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Ohhhhhh yes - Mmmmmmm - Sharon O'Neil ......... :roll: :roll: :lick: Oh dear - The Nurse, is calling for my medication again........
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I reckon she was the sexiest thing ever to leave your Island (I will resist the urge for sheep jokes out of respect for you & Skins) :laugh: :thumbup:
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Maaaaate - growing up while seeing her in that video to the song 'Maxine' - daaaaamn - all good!!! :lick: :lick: :thumbup: :thumbup:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I saw her live in Newcastle a few times & once when I was right up the front shewas wearing all skin tight black lycra & she turned around & wiggled her butt in my face (no more than 50cm away) :eek: :lick: :eek: It remains one of the happiest memories of my life. I turned to my mate next to me in total amazement to see that he was standing up & was asleep & missed the whole thing

Ah the memories :D
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

:roll: :roll: Only an Aussie would fall asleep, standing up, at a concert..........I don't know........... :umm: :umm:
Shes still fairly tidy............. :thumbup: :thumbup:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Yeah he was a dropkick anyway. :roll:

I heard she is now a top notch Laywer or something along those lines after her really drawn out court case with her record company she quit music & studied law to stick it up 'em is this right?
Redpaso