Secondary activity: shot of fireworks and pyrotechnic services :thumbup:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Merci, Lousi! Tres interesting.

Can you put in a picture of your fireworks?
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by DuC-MaN »

I studied graphic design at the art academy in The Hague. And since I'm not the kind of person to have my own business, I work for a newspaper. There I do dtp-work, mainly the ads for house brokers, not as creative as I would like, but satisfying enough...

Sometimes I wonder what the *** I'm doing, sitting at a desk, staring at a monitor all day long... haven't figured out what else I really would like to do... It is still not possible to earn money by just driving my Duc all day... :laugh:
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

Hi Guys

Purely a thought bod here. Went into the office when I left school and have been there ever since. I am now working on payroll and payroll systems. I can work with my hands, but this is limited to handywork around the house, plus the odd bit of spanner work on the 907. Still haven't worked up to those tappets yet though! still maybe one day.

My life seems to be boring compared to everyone else though.

All the best :thumbup:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

I have something new to add ... a friend of mine recently started a regional motorcycle magazine called "Just Ride" (link here). Only two issues out, but I'll be writing for them, starting with issue #3. Not a paying gig, but that's just fine - getting to write about motorcycling? Definitely something I'll do for free. ;)

I'd submitted a ride route for the 2nd issue, but not in time to make the presses; so that might appear in #3 along with an editorial. I'm pretty psyched. Their approach is basically that we're all brothers when we're on two wheels. They try not to lean towards any particular type of cyclist ... although in my opinion, it's been a bit cruiser-heavy. But that could be because the local cruiser contigent in the area is pretty thick. There are plenty of sportbikers, but they don't maintain the same sort of profile the cruisers like to. Probably because they're actually out riding. :P (D'oh! Did I say that out loud?)

Anyway, I'm sure I'll push it on you guys in the future ... ;) just warnin' ya!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Faster - "But that could be because the local cruiser contigent in the area is pretty thick" - rather you than me saying that one............. :D :thumbup: :roll:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

I would say 'thick' in this context means 'numerous', brother Duck. By the way, congratulations on the Pajero. Sounds good.

Also by the way, could someone tell me what 'props' means, please? The expression hasn't reached my little corner of the world yet. Something like 'propitious'?
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Hey faster that is pretty impressive. That has always been a bit of a dream of mine but I always figured I would have to start my own mag to do it. you have given new hope to my old ambition. :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Skins wrote:Also by the way, could someone tell me what 'props' means, please? The expression hasn't reached my little corner of the world yet. Something like 'propitious'?
Skins,

Check the definition of Props:

http://tinyurl.com/479r2

Just some urban slang.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Much obliged, Jon.
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

Just an old fashioned electrician. Well, I'm a bit specialized as I do motor rewinding. Sideline is looking after the old steam heating system in our shop building.
Regards, B
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Well just in case this thread is still active, I have just finished working for Formula One Management, left just before the Indy mess, luckily! So I have used those lights!!!! Now split my time between the UK and France where I write TV programmes, and am sometimes in 'em
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Wow! What kind of programmes?
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Documentries, historical and technical. I directed in F1 for 6 years, amongst other things, and bfore that I was a motor museum curator, so I like anything with an engine! You may have seen Speed Macines (originally on UK Channel 4) which I did the land spped prog and appeared in it too. Race cars, space flight, aircraft proper telly!! http://www.amazaon.co.uk and type in Leap into Legend in the search, that was my last book.
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Oh yeah I worked on the world rally championship too, including New Zealand, was even driven around by Possum Bourne once!!