new guy - sort of

Chat about anything not Paso related here
ductoys

new guy - sort of

Post by ductoys »

Hello folks, signed up today on the new site. I was on the old site and have been lurking here since it started up, but my 750 Sport was banished from the new site :confused: so I've felt like a lost soul drifting among the masses.

This is a friendly and informative lot that keeps me coming back often to hang out. But with no place to call home I've remained a guest. Also have a big hangup on the 907ie. One of Ducati's all time greats imho and would love to have one in my garage some day. :lick:

Figured it was time to jump in and I've got a question about my Sport so here I am in the 'Off topic' list. My question is about DelOrto carbs. I'm looking for a 'softer' spring for the 36mms on my Sport. Throttle pull is too stiff and modulation is difficult especially coming out of corners on throttle. Was told springs from the 650 Allazarro(sp?) were used in the past but are no longer available. Has anyone changed to a different spring? Any suggestions to lighten the load are much appreciated.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Hi Ductoys, I am sure that your yearning for a 907 is enough to have you welcomed to our bosom with open arms. This might just be the thing that encourages you to take to plunge & add a Paso/i.e. to what looks like a very impressive garage line up that you already have. :thumbup: There is nothing sadder than somebody that feels they have nowhere to call home :sad:

As for your question on the delorto carbs I have maintained a steadfast loyalty to the webers on my 906 as I put them down to "Ducati Character" & I almost enjoy the quirky-ness of them. Sorry I can't offer assistance here but I am sure there are a lot of guys ( & maybe some gals) that can point you in the right direction :D

Welcome :D :thumbup: :cool: :screwy: :evil:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"