maybe,just maybe

Chat about anything not Paso related here
wiggs

maybe,just maybe

Post by wiggs »

hi all,
been busy workin' 3 a.m. to 3 p.m. 7 days a week so haven't had time to post but have been trying to keep up on reading the posts. it seems like this list gives me a break from the grind.
so, i called the local duke dealer to ask about the retro bikes. they didn't order any.then i called a friend who's in the know and he set me up with a guy in that state up north (michigan). greg said that he will call and see if i can get on the waiting list for a 1000 gt. seems like a $500 deposit will hold me a spot for one when they become available in the fall of '06. that should insure me of having some financial obligations well behind me and time to save for the gt. i will call tomorrow to see if indeed a spot can be had and know more then.
it's not a paso and not even a sport bike but it does have that name on the tank. i guess i'm looking for thoughts and what have you from this bunch. criticism is expected so don't hold back if that's what you feel. enjoy my e-friends.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

Hey, Wiggs. Been wondering where you were.

Have you read faster's Topic 'Build you own 70's SS Replica ...' in the Idle Noise Forum? It's very interesting.

(Hi Melody)
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Wiggsy, I reckon if you can get one with your name beside it go for it! :thumbup: you are right it has the name on the tank & it is being built in very limited numbers. They are two things that mean it will be worth having in the stable, you know it will handle well & it looks great. It is not mean't to be a cafe racer ( like the Sport which is my favourite of the 3 classics :lick: ). Definately no criticism from me, If you can add another Ducati to the stable then seize the opportunity I think.

Would that mean the Hogs still goes to another home as the GT could fill that roll or will it just be an addition to the family?

My dream is at least 6 Ducati's parked in my shed one day :roll: one day :D
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
DucSoup

Re: maybe,just maybe

Post by DucSoup »

wiggs wrote:... i'm looking for thoughts and what have you from this bunch....
Well, if you'd like an MH900evo insetead I know of one that is comming on the market... :D
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Hmmmm........MH900e........ :lick: .........very tempting, do you have interest free long term repayment plans with free delivery :D

Good to see you are keeping the Paso :thumbup:

before you sell the 900e could you write up a comparo with it & the Paso for "Aiming for the Apex" forum. I realise they are very different but I would be interested in your thoughts on the two bikes side by side. :cool:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Sounds like a great idea........ :thumbup: :thumbup:
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by DuC-MaN »

We are talking about this one?
:lick: :lick: :lick:

I like the looks of the GT1000 best, the Paul Smart and Sport1000 are a bit too Retro, although i like those bar-end-mirrors

:thumbup:
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

the guy in michigan couldn't help as all the bikes are spoken for. i did call a dealer here in ohio,cleveland/akron, and put a deposit on it. it's gonna be a long year and some from this point!
yup,it's the 1000 gt you posted a pic of. my back won't take the 900 mh or the sport so ['ll settle for the gt.
all the bikes will be staying here at this point including the davidson and the 907,just another unit to add to the confusion.
it looks like ducati is relying on the ford method of colors available. i can get it any color i want,as long as it's gray.
i've read fasters post. personally,i barely have time for a bm. felt good just changing the oil in the car last week. felt like i got alot done here at home that day.
gotta go make some donuts
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Excellent, Wiggs. Good news! I liked the look of that bike as soon as I saw the pic above. It looks like a bike you could ride in your sleep. Which could be very convenient if you work all night.

It's a very interesting motorcycle to look at. It looks quite ordinary, but at the same time, somehow, extremely interesting. It looks very traditional, and yet totally modern. It looks like that Seth Efriken (spelling from the British mag 'Motorcycle Sport and Leisure') bloke did a good job there.
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

glad you like it skins. i also like the guzzi griso but also hasn't gone into production yet either and some of the new guzzi's ive heard were rather buzzy from the lightened flywheel. one guy had a repo of the v7 sport because he restored an original v7 sport but sold the repo because of the buzz in bars and pegs.
i gotta admit the duke reminds me of gearhead cars of the 60's and 70's with the rear all jacked out of shape but i hope it looks better with a rider on board.
gotta go now, the boss has supper ready then it's lites out. cheers.
Paul
year: 1987

South African Designers

Post by Paul »

Skins,

We have quite a few designers tucked away over seas.

Pierre terblanche - Ducati
Rory Byrne - Ferarri
Gordon Murry - McLaren

And yes, they do pronounce it "Seth Efriken" here. I have been here 23 years and I still find it funny.

Paul
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

I was born in Malmesbury, and grew up in Tableview!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Skins,

A cross between Malmesbury and Kiwi, now that must be a funny accent. I lived in Tableview from 86 - 88. I can remember the Malmesbury "bray".

So when did you leave SA ?

Paul
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Gosh ... we've been neighbours, separated in time rather than distance. There were only about ten houses in Tableview when we left in 1960 - the rest was bush, and the roads were gravel. No traffic, great sport on a bicycle. I was ten years old. Blouburg was a beautiful little beach settlement. Dad's family were farmers in Malmesbury.
Paul

Tableview

Post by Paul »

When was the last time you went back ? It has changed "a little" since then. Even since I left there in '88 it has mushroomed. It's pretty much built up from Milnerton to Blouburgstrand now.

I went back to England to visit for the first time in 2001 having been away for 19 years. I come from a small Island off the south of England called the Isle of Wight. Most of my school friends still lived there (although some had moved a few villages / towns away. Some had even made it to the mainland, although they were dotted in the cities and town that had ferries back to the island.