NEW BIKE

Chat about anything not Paso related here
steele

NEW BIKE

Post by steele »

Well as some of you know i am buying a new bike this year ....just made an enquirey about a 999R 2005 ..Local dealer says i could have it in about 2 to 3 weeks ...what should i do? :roll: :D
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Do whatever you like and makes your motor run. The R is a wonbderful piece of kit but I don't know how much better that the S it actually is for the exta $$.
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

i don't see things the same way some of my friends do but... they way i see it we only live once. my dad had cancer when i was 8 yrs old. he beat it for 30 yrs but growing up knowing the end can
come in many different ways at any time i tend to live for the moment, well kind of anyway.
we don't have a stock portfolio or large bank account but we do have a garage full of things that money can buy to make us happy. bikes go down in value and some people take a hit in the stock market. i feel the bikes are less of a risk and i don't have to worry about things that are out of my control like the stock market is.
if ya got the doe steele do what makes you smile. having just ordered a 1000 gt that will take a year or more to actually see,feel and hear, it makes me smile. a buddy stopped by yesterday and i showed him a pic of the gt and he said it didn't do nothing for him! to each his own. if you can git your mitts on one in a fortnight and it makes you grin then you are a lucky man.
do you plan on using it on the strip? or will this be a street bike,track bike or what? by the way, how is you season going at this point anyway? you've been a great addition to this list and i enjoy hearing how your bike does on the strip and your take on ducati's other role in life.
best of luck on whatever you decide. it seems if you've got the itch for a new (or used) bike it will get scratched sooner or later. please keep us posted.
steele

Post by steele »

Thanks wiggs for your kind comments i guess the 999R if it does end up in my garage will hit the strip at some point. The Gasopaso has only been out once this year due to me moving house which i hope will be completed next week . I am hoping to enter the 2000MPH club three day meet at the end of july which is dyno test then a flyers meet at RAF woodbridge Then on monday first august over to Santa pod for a drag race...dont really stand a chance against some of the bikes that enter however :D The 1000cc class allows NOS so 1/4 mile could be fun ...and then again if i bought the 999R .................................................. :cool: :D And hey i hope you reallylike your 1000GT they are going to be very cool :cool:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

If it doesn't break your bank & it brings happiness go for it. I like wiggys philosophy & sometimes an investment is not measured in dollars but smiles :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
steele

Post by steele »

Dealer rang me to say they have 999R in today it has been ordered for a customer but would i like to go and see it .....guess where i am going tomorrow :D
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

enjoy :thumbup: This should seal your decision to purchase :cool:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
steele

Post by steele »

Thats it then i have been to see it fallen in love agreed a few extra bits to be fitted .......just need to complete my house sale ASAP next 10 days so i am told ..then its ordering the bike and waiting about 3 weeks got the insurance sorted as well.. fingers crossed every thing comes together next week :cool:
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey steele,
i'm very happy for you and meanie says good for you!!!!!!! heck,you even got the dogs smiling.
p.s. i am a bit envious.
steele

Post by steele »

Thanks wiggs my friend i really have every thing crossed now.
steele

Post by steele »

Well house sale not completed yet BASTID ...and i have had a Bit of what i think the yanks call an EPIPHENY ? went into another local bike dealer the other day and 0oh no i am going to be drummed outa paso.org :oops: :oops: :oops: :D
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:roll:

No comprendo, steele ... what's the problem, exactly?