Helmet Poll, What Do You Wear?

Chat about anything not Paso related here
Extra260

Helmet Poll, What Do You Wear?

Post by Extra260 »

I thought it might be interesting to see what kind of helmets you Guys or Gals are wearing. I guess I will start by saying I wear a ARAI RX7-RR4.
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

arai Quantum E Agostini replica

Last edited by mike on Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stingray230SX
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Stingray230SX »

i have an older AGV "drudi performance" ARC model and a new AGV demon top model

doug
1992 907ie #1473 Nero SOLD
1997 Vmax Nero-Blue Flames SOLD
steele

Post by steele »

Shark with the old mechanical space shark graphics ..well foggy used to wear shark :D :D :thumbup:
lceriani

Post by lceriani »

Suomy Fazer

kevlar+carbonium, 1250g, 150€ ... quite good & cheap.

Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

nolan flip-up. love it.
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

Shoei Raid. Best £200 of fibreglass I have ever bought. Comfy, warm, quiet and good if I hit my head on the floor.

On this topic, can anyone tell me why people spend four or five grand on a bike that does stupid speeds and then ride around in a cheap lid that gives them very little protection in the event of a spill??

Bryn :confused:
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

can anyone tell me why people spend four or five grand on a bike that does stupid speeds and then ride around in a cheap lid that gives them very little protection in the event of a spill??
because it's "uncool". there was just recently a really sad example of the results of those cheap helmets here in sacramento...

a couple was on their HD on the 'toy run' (this is a huge event, like over 10,000 bikes) and crashed. he was wearing one of those 'fake' helmets thats not DOT approved, she was wearing something approved, but still not good. He was killed in the crash due to head injuries, she survived, but with trauma to the face. sad, sad, sad...

the moral? wear a helmet. period.

did i say i love my agostini replica? all I need now is an MV Agusta!
Last edited by mike on Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger

Post by Tigger »

Hi Mike

I used to teach people to ride motorcycles here in the UK a little while ago, so I know what you mean about "style". I still find it difficult to understand why, with all the press about the possible dangers, they do not take more care of their head. But then again, I suppose that is why we have a free society and personal choice.

Best of luck with getting the MV, but do not leave your paso's out in the cold.

Ride safe and have fun.

Bryn :thumbup:
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

the day I can afford an MV is the day I can afford to keep the Pasos and have the MV too. Motorcycles are too easy to store to let go so easily... I wouldn't want the regrets like I have for selling my 1974 GTV 2000 :sad:
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Nolan Flip-Up, best helmet I have ever owned.
tibi750

Post by tibi750 »

I have Arai Condor Starflag. Super!!! :lick:
beemerboy
year: 0

Re: Helmet Poll, What Do You Wear?

Post by beemerboy »

Extra260 wrote:I thought it might be interesting to see what kind of helmets you Guys or Gals are wearing. I guess I will start by saying I wear a ARAI RX7-RR4.

Shoei RF900 after starting out with a Shoei RJ Platinum 3/4.

I love the feel of wind in my face but read way too many posts on other boards about what happens to riders faces during a crash. That and several insect impacts convinced me that a full-face helmet is the way to go. I still miss the wind effect but it's nice in rain and winter!
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
Steve5854

Helmet

Post by Steve5854 »

Several different Arai helmets, each to fit the mood and the bike.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

AGV R1, White, red & black. Matches the Paso real nice. I actually won it in a community Radio raffle a couple of years ago before I bought the Paso. Ath teh time i was on my Green (Matrix type green, metalic & very nice) K100RS. I did not really think it looked good on the BM so I kept on wearing my black Shoei. then I finally got the Paso & the helmet was a perfect match (not that I was ever into that sort of thing). Now I have a Red, Black & white Jacket as well, none of it planned it just happened that way honest!! I reckon I look pretty good in the shop windows though!! :cool: The helmet is excellant, tricomposite so it is nice & light but I get a bit of wind noise on the Paso at speed but that is half the fun. :thumbup: