crash damage

Chat about anything not Paso related here
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

crash damage

Post by Mc tool »

A chocolate fish to the first person to guess the correct # of screws and plates :lol:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: crash damage

Post by higgy »

27 screws and 7 plates :thumbup:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
nnnnnnorman
year: 1991

Post by nnnnnnorman »

looks like they ran out off screws and used nails for your knee. do i win a prize?
1990 906 paso red and white
1991 906 paso black and gold
1997 ST2 red
2004 ccm r30 with 710 conversion
175 moto morini road race replica
a box of bits r100 bmw scrambler project
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
a non running xt600...stator needed
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1991

Post by Tamburinifan »

Sorry to see, hows the legs & body workin?
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Tamburinifan wrote:Sorry to see, hows the legs & body workin?
Still need crutches ,but into physio therapy now . I spent so long laid up that my arse and legs wasted away ( I could market that to some of the chicks round here :lol: ) and thats really the main issue , that and I give the sciatic nerve a good going over and the resultant lack of muscle control and feeling in my right lower leg is starting to look a bit perminant. Im going to have to learn to live with some changes , but the stuff I can fix is comming on well :) :) Most important tho ( he he he ) is that I can still ride . Maybe Im a bit stupid but almost all my friends and definatly all my family are stunned and agahst that I would ever consider getting back on a motorbike at all ( let alone before I could walk )They all seem to think that I would have seen the light , learned the magic lesson or something, where as for me it was a no brainer ( yes Mum , but thats not what it means ) I had plenty of time in hospital to remember the rallies, the pubs , the burnouts , the tit shows, the agony , the extacy, the gravel rash , the new bikes , the chicks (and some of their parents ! :evil:) the good guy's I've met ..... and the wankers..................... fuck I've had some fun.... and I aint giving up yet , I just need to put a thing on my footpeg to stop my foot falling off...... that was quite funny ( afterwards ) It took me a few seconds to figure what the hell was going on
907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by 907pasonut »

Mc tool...you've done a bloody good job there...I can feel PAIN by just looking at those X-rays...OUCH!!
best wishes with your recovery...:beer:
Cheers Claude.

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

907pasonut wrote:Mc tool...you've done a bloody good job there...I can feel PAIN by just looking at those X-rays...OUCH!!
best wishes with your recovery...:beer:
It's the truth :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: .
Best wishes
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Rhino »

Mc tool -
About 20 odd years ago I came off some bloody resin rocket at about 45 mph. Some shithead had overfilled his tanks with diesel and spilt it -all over a long right hander on a hot dry summer road. Never even saw it. I slid across two lanes and met a curbstone with the back of my head.

5 brain haemorrages, permanent damage to the left side of the brain and a coma later - I do not jest - I woke up with NO PERSONAL MEMORY at all. None. Lots of pain and I too had to learn to walk again. I now judge the intensity of a headache by its colour, and No, I'm not joking.

Still have no memory of the crash just a bone-marrow deep love of bikes and a bone-marrow deep fear of riding them !

As soon as I could walk again I rode both my bikes once to prove I could still do it. (A 1550cc Harley shovel and a Z13) - can't tell you what that cost me!! And then I sold them both and have never ridden since. Had some psyco cars though!

Missed bikes EVERY day, especially my 750 Paso.

A month ago on a whim I bought two bikes a Paso 907 and a 916S (see threads elsewhere) and tomorrow I buy a lid and leathers.

On Monday I will gather together all the testicles I possess and head to my garage in Wales - 5 hours away - and, bright and early on Tuesday the 9th, - if it isn't raining (Wales - some hope) I will fire up the 916s for a slow circuit of my favourite roads. (The Paso hasn't been used for years and is not fit for the road; the 916 has just been serviced).

If I can ride - without endangering anyone else - then my fellow addicts, then, I will be back on two wheels again with a vengance.

If I can do it, and Mc Tool I'm looking forward to it with some dread, I will of course let you know.

Oh yes, one more thing, I suffered and suffered badly but I know because I've been there, your injuries were horrific and you've done brilliantly to get back out there, and, my friend, I take my hat off to you. Well done that man - you're a braver man than me. I couldn't have got through what you have.

If ever we meet - the beer's on me - all night.
Rhino

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

A lot of people have said to me that I've done well in recovering and i guess I have considering I wasn't expected to live :D . I can remember everything up untill I was being taken off the chopper at hospital ( that ketomine is good shit ! :lol: ) and I guess the worst part was realising that I really was in trouble , after hitting the car I flew thru the air and hit something ( telephone pole ) and landed flat on my back in a paddock and I really thought that I was just winded. I got my helmit and gloves off before anyone else had got there ( all good so far ) people turned up , fussing over me . I kept saying I was ok , they said I wasnt and I then , against advise I tried to sit up, thats when I knew :,( :,(
I think that my best move was to accept the situation , forget about blaming anyone ( for the meantime ) and get on with my life. I met some wonderful people ( except the 2 dizzy bitches that thought they could "turn me " when it had taken 5or 6 people to do it so far ..... they managed to stick one of my broken ribs thru my lung..... chest drain and 2 more units :mad: :mad: ) and there are a lot of people to thank. I learnt a lot about myself.
Rhino, my 1st ride was a very private affair , and I had to stop a few times , but when I got home I felt that I really was home again , and ,as they say "its all downhill from here ". Ill have a wonky foot , diabetic ( mashed pancreas) and have to watch diet and alcohol ( 1/2 a liver, no gall bladder ), but thats fuck all compared to what some people have to live with , especially some kids.
Ive changed too . I dont get impatent near as much , I dont tail gate slower drivers ( Dianne sez Im the only person she knows who has car exhaust stains on his front bumper ) I dont road rage people who cant drive as good as me :lol: . Im just pleased to be here :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

So this is the kinder gentler Mctool we are seeing ?
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Nah not really , I just dont seem bothered by lifes little irritations as much , Ive always been a bit Alfred E Neuman :thumbup: , but some stuff doesnt seem that important anymore. Sitting in hospital gives you plenty of time to reflect on life and I realised that Id wasted a lot of time getting pissed off at things I could never change ( human nature ). I made a list ( mental ) of all the significant events in my life , good and bad , and where each event had led me, and at the end there wasn't at lot I would change if I could , but , somewhat ironically life was going to have to change after that point.In some ways the physical injuries aint so bad, I mean at least I could see ( quite graphically sometimes ) my injuries , but My Dianne came out of this much worse than me and she wasn't even there :,( .She got called into work on a sunday am and the last thing she said was " and you stay off that fuckn motorbike !"( Id just got out of hospital after a hernia opp 2 days ago )..... but it was a nice day.... so off I went and being crafty I figured she could hardly throw a wobbly if I took her some lunch, which I did , but I wasnt ready for what happened next . I had never seen her so upset , kept saying she had a bad feeling about me on the bike ( tears .. the whole drama ) and made me promise to go straight home .....................I wish I did. 20 mins later I was nearly dying in some paddock... go figure :)
micklm
year: 1989

Post by micklm »

Respect
906 Paso 1989 w/ 17in wheels :)
907pasonut
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by 907pasonut »

Mc tool wrote: but I wasnt ready for what happened next . I had never seen her so upset , kept saying she had a bad feeling about me on the bike ( tears .. the whole drama ) and made me promise to go straight home .....................I wish I did. 20 mins later I was nearly dying in some paddock... go figure :)
...spooky...ESP? :huh:
...one way to being enlighten...
Cheers Claude.

...long live the square framed duc!

'92 907...numero 2046
'92 851...in progress
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Yeah :) she picks the lotto numbers now :lol: :lol:
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: crash damage/ Geocast

Post by Mc tool »

Geocast, I did get your pm, Thanks . Im having trouble replying as I cant seem to get past my out box all the time , and does not show up in sent items ??????