Tri-Nations Rugby

Chat about anything not Paso related here
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

That's OK Paul. But the All Blacks seem to be running hot at the moment, and I think we'll win.

Congratulations on that big away win in Perth. There have been quite a few good games lately, but I've been so busy getting my work going again, I haven't had time to watch any.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Hey guys, good luck for the All Blacks vs Springboks game on Saturday.

Personally I would rather see the Blacks win because we don't want the Boks to have a clean sweep of the comp, they are also our closest cousins & I think they play a bit cleaner than the South African team.

What ever the result lets hope for a good, clean, close game.
That's what Rugby is all about :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Paul
year: 1987

Post by Paul »

I must admit that I am not that confident about beating the All Blacks at home.

What is the story if we lose tomorrow and the Wobberlies beat the All Blacks ? :confused:

Paul
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Currently the point sit thus:

played win loss draw bonus pt total pts
South Africa 3 3 0 0 0 12
New Zealand 2 1 1 0 1 5
Australia 3 0 3 0 2 2

with 4 points for a win + Bonus points

If SA beat NZ they get 4 + any potential bonus so they would be unbeatable.

If they go down & NZ beat OZ NZ could win. If SA got a bonus point despite losing as long as NZ do not they will win tri nations.

It is still open to each team (not OZ naturally) but I think most likely that SA will win the tri nations. I would not be suprised to see them win over NZ on Saturday although with Breyton Paulse Banned for 3 matches (it was him that scored 2 length of the field tries as the Wallabies were about to score last game) they will suffer this loss.
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Well, not a bad game at The House of Pain. The ref could have done a little better, but he wasn't too bad either. The AB's last-minute try keeps the series interesting to the last match - just a pity that the Boks, who are leading the series, don't get to play the series-deciding last match.

Actually, what I liked best on the night was the haka - for the first few seconds I couldn't work out what was going on. I've got so used to the 'kamate, kamate ...' I figured it was here forever, and at first I thought they must have just changed the beginning. When I realised it was all-new, I sat back to enjoy it. And hell, it was good! I'm not into dancing, you see - the dance floor type - but I don't mind watching a bit of the show type, and especially ethnic stuff - and war dancing definitely turns me on.

Apparently they'd been working on it in secret for about a year, and that is amazing. Journalism was among the careers I tried for a year or two in my youth, and I can tell you, a story like that would have been tough to keep under wraps.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

The Haka is always an impressive sight & a good way to get in to the mood for the next 80 minutes. Another tough game & its good to see the series still alive. :thumbup:

Now if only the Wallabies can get it together to defeat the All Blacks on home turf it would be an excellant finale indeed. :D
Redpaso
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Well that is a tri-Nations series tht I am glad to see end.

Actually it was a really good tight series, all games were very close, it is just a shame that the Wallabies did not get up on any match. Still they were very good games. Saturdays game was excellant & I think we came close to knocking the All Balcks off on their home turf but alas it was not to be. still it was another great game of Rugby.

Congratulations to the All Blacks for their sixth Tri-Nations Cup in ten years :thumbup:
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Once again I only watched the first half, the went to bed, but it did turn out to be a good game. I was disappointed that the ABs didn't do their new haka this time. That new haka was a real highlight of the series for me.

Also, I think it was a real shame that the team leading the series right up to the last game didn't play in the final.
Paul
year: 1987

Post by Paul »

Congratulations skins. I only got back from leave this morning (moving house).

Paul