Tri-Nations Rugby

Chat about anything not Paso related here
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Tri-Nations Rugby

Post by redpaso »

Hey, this is one for the Southern Brothers!
(& totally un-Paso related)

Paul, Skins & other southerners

What about the Tri-Nations Rugby heh? :cool:

I was watching the game Saturday night & thinking of Skins, having spent your childhood in S.A & now being in N.Z. who (if anybody) were you going for?

It was certianly a good game as was the match the week before with S.A. & the Wallabies. On Both occassions although the game was close I felt the Springboks were not the better team, the scoreboard of course says differently.

Based on Saturdays game I reckon the All Blacks will be very hard to beat because they were prepared to run the ball & not just go for a kick & lineout. But the Wallabies have amazing defence & attack so with out bias I put my money on them to win. :D

This Saturday is the Wallabies Vs. Springboks in Perth, I can't wait! If the form of last years Tri-Nations is anything to go by ( & the 2 games in S.A. have started this pattern off again) The Wallabies should win because it has been a while since any of these teams has lost a home game in this competition.

Come on Men (& women) of the South lets get some good healthy Tri-Nations rivalry happening......................

GO THE WALLABIES!!!!!!! :neener:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Paul
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by Paul »

Red,

I have deliberately not been gloating, but seeing as you brought the subject up... :neener:

I am in the minority in this country, ie. not a rugby fanatic. I was on the startline of a cycle race yesterday morning (Sunday) and had to ask who had won against the Kiwis... Most people just stared at me. How could I not have watched the match.

Don't forget the weekend before our tri-nations match against the Wallabies, where we beat you in the Mandela cup too.

Paul
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Paul,

I had not forgotten your victory in the Mandela Cup. I did chose not to mention it because we were soundly out played in that game :sad:

But next week when we are on home turf all shall be squared up :evil:
Last edited by redpaso on Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redpaso
Paul

Post by Paul »

This is why I normally don't gloat. We have a habit of not maintaining our wins.

BTW. Your map showing Taree did not display on the other thread.

Paul
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Teh map in the New tyres is sorted (sort of ) & you can see it (well follow the link) There has to be an easier way to do this :mad:
Redpaso
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

As none of you Kiwi's were prepared to stand up for your team I do not want to hear you gloating after the weekends Tri-Nations match OK :sad:
Redpaso
Paul

Post by Paul »

Red,

Now let's see if the Wobblies (sorry, Wallabies) can make it four in a row... :laugh:

Paul
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

I didn't watch the game in Cape Town last week, but it sounds like it was a good game. I only watched the first half against the Wobblies this weekend, then hit the sack, even though it looked like a fun game. Sounds like I should have the second half also.

Tell you what, Red, I reckon the new rules have worked pretty well during the last few years, but they bring the ref into the game too much. Also, I reckon that stupid 'mark' or 'fair catch' in your own 25 should be scrapped, because it interrupts the flow of the game, and gives the defending team an unreasonable let-off from pressure. I can't for the life of me see why we still have that rule.

Hey! What about the cricket in the UK! The poms putting up a fight for once. Seems they've remembered how to play cricket, and the Ockers don't know what's hit them!
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

We have made some changes some due to injury & some not but it will be especially good to see the Wallabies walk all over the Springboks this week end ( lets hope so anyway). We need some Tri-Nations glory :sad:

As for the Rules I agree Skins, no one should get a let off just because they are in the right place to catch a ball. Keep the pressure on & teh game flowing, I do not enjoy a game that consistes of Kicks & Lineouts for 80 minutes.

As for the Cricket, a draw seems a good result @ present. I am glad we have Troy Corser in the Superbikes to give us some sporting glory @ the moment because there is not a lot of it happening for us in OZ just now. (well at least not inthe sports I watch, which doesn't include swimming - I just don't get that sport :screwy: )

there will not be 4 wallaby losses in a row :D
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Yeah, I'm with ya, cuz. What about underwater hockey!
Paul

Post by Paul »

I hear that Australia is hoping for a medal in synchronised swimming at the next Olympics...

Paul
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Synchronised swimming might just help us play rugby in the rain :laugh:

WALLABIES vs SPRINGBOKS saturday in Perth (West OZ)

GO THE WALLABIES
Redpaso
Paul

Post by Paul »

Red,

The match is at 11:30am here. I will be at Sun City (two hours drive away) doing a cycle race. I should finish about that time but will miss the match as I will be driving back.

I can't even record it on the VCR as the F1 qualifying is on at 12:00 our time (and I prefer motorsport to Rugby).

I'm sure I'll hear the result if we win (it becomes very quiet when we don't).

Paul
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

So when is the Tri-Nations Synchronised Swimming? We will kick some butt there I reckon. :laugh:

It was a really good match & there is nothing wrong with the way the Wallabies are playing, it is just really hard Rugby & there can only be one winner, unfortunately for the last 4 matches it has not been us.

Hopefully we will save our best for last, it woulf be great to beat the All Blacks on their home patch :thumbup:
Redpaso
Paul

Post by Paul »

Red,

We would also like you to beat the All Blacks on their own turf (sorry Skins)...

Paul