A posibility: a positive outcome for everyone involved ...

Chat about anything not Paso related here
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

A posibility: a positive outcome for everyone involved ...

Post by fasterdammit »

I recently posted on an automobile-specific forum that I have an old Land Cruiser that is languishing in my garage. It's a '72 FJ40, which most equate to "a jeep" - two door, big tires, "convertible" (open air w/ a roll cage) ... and definitely very utilitarian. Not meant for a baby seat in the least, and since I do have a kid - anytime I find myself requiring transport that does not include the offspring, but is nice enough to take a convertible? I take a motorcycle. :) So as much as I adore the old duff, she just doesn't get much attention from me anymore. I figure there is somebody out there who would spend more time w/ her than I. So I posted in the 'for sale' section of this automotive site, asked for offers and suggested trades possible - "especially Ducatis". And I got a hit.

One person is interested in the Land Cruiser, and has a 1997 Supersport 900SP with some minimal crash damage (laid down in his driveway) that he's apparently interested in parting with. How ... copacetic?! Convenient?! Is it kismet? Pure luck? Granted, it's about 1000mi away from me, but still.

The mrs. isn't what I'd call "thrilled" with the prospect, but the way I look at it - another Ducati is smaller than the Land Cruiser and it'll actual get attention paid to it. I'm sure mrs.fasterdammit would rather see US dollars for the old truck, but I'm not sure how much I'd get for it, especially since there doesn't seem to be much interest. So ... wish me luck. I'll keep you posted, for sure. Especially if it happens! ;)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Wow! Good one, faster! I Find myself wondering if I have anything I could up to swap for a Ducati ...
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey jake,
sounds good to me,i like trades. i'll bet it's 1000 mile west(ish) since you're close to the right coast. remember, if you need a place to stay on the trip... i'll even buy breakfast, i feel i owe you one!
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

wiggs wrote:hey jake,
sounds good to me,i like trades. i'll bet it's 1000 mile west(ish) since you're close to the right coast. remember, if you need a place to stay on the trip... i'll even buy breakfast, i feel i owe you one!
haha! No sweat Mike, although I'm never one to turn down a meal, especially with a fellow Ducatista. :) You're actually spot-on w/ the mileage guess - I figure it's about 1k from me, but more south than west - we'd actually come right down through Ohio again (which would make the third trip since July 4 this year) since it's in Alabama. But we may very well take you up on either or both; I figure it's a good 14-16 hour trip each way. It's going to be very difficult not to drive it on the way back though. Maybe I'll just sit on top of it in the back of the truck ... saves gas that way and I still get the wind in my face. But no v-twin rumble. :( ;)

No word yet though; the more I think about it, the more anxious I get. And of course, the longer it goes on, the less likely I think it will happen. It would be nice if it comes through, but we'll see. I'm just feeling like a kid @ Xmas, and had to tell somebody who would be excited (since I got rolling eyes and "*another* bike?!" from wifey-poo) :laugh:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Wow faster, I am really hoping that this works for you. Personally I would love a '97 SS especially as a trade for an old Cruiser!
Most women don't fully understand, it is one of those Mars/Venus things. :screwy: :screwy:
My fingers are crossed for you & I feel your excitement. Make it happen my friend, make it happen :D :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"