Chat about anything not Paso related here
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Ashes home again

Post by Skins »

:cool:

In case anybody hasn't heard, England has beaten Australia in a cricket test series. A 'test' is when national teams play against each other, and when England and Australia play, they play for something called the 'ashes'.

Our cousins across the Tasman Sea are probably very disappointed, and I feel sorry for them, but as a New Zealander, in a country where we also love cricket (it really is an amazing game, everyone) I am very happy to see some real competition at the highest level of the game again - Australia have dominated the sport for many years.

And also, in case anyone is interested, it seems to me that we are in an epoch of the ball dominating the bat.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Yeah a pity about the Ashes, we Aussies really hate losing anything to the Poms, especially the Holy Grail of "The Ashes". As with teh tri-Nations Rugby we did not play especially bad we just did not win.

Next year

:thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

I reckon you probably would have won the series if McGrath had been fit for all matches, Red. England are good at the moment, but not good enough to score high against the attack of both Warne and McGrath. I reckon no team in the world is.

But you have got a bit of competition at the moment, and that's good, isn't it?
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I think you are right about the warne/Mcgrath combo there Skins. They are a tough pair for any batsman to out play.

As for Competition it is always a really good thing in sport. Sometimes the same team wins (insert valentino Rossi here) but if there is a fair struggle that is fine (as in tri-Nations)
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"