Chat about anything not Paso related here
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Hey Red!

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Red, mate, I'm flat out with my jewellry at the moment, so I' not here that much. That world map of Paso people is great, hey? Lets hope we can fill it right up! Maybe the different colours of people are for the colours of their bikes. I didn't think of that until after I clicked on a blue one.

I enjoyed a few glimpses of Mt Panorama yesterday. Don't suppose you were there? What a fantastic track, and you're right about Aussie V Racing, of course - it is the mumbo. I really liked those shots inside the brake assemblies!
Paul
year: 1987

Post by Paul »

That world map of Paso people is great, hey? Lets hope we can fill it right up!

Skins,

I know I haven't been on this site much in the last couple of weeks but I have no idea what you are on about. Are there any noxious chemicals / fumes released during the jewelry making process ? :confused:

Paul
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

You'll find it in the Off Topic forum, Paul. It's the top sticky. called 'let's mark our locations!'

How's the new house?

Red, are you going to Phillip Island? I think you should - Loris is going to win.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Skins, you are right about V8 Supercars & Mount Panorama being the business. I was not there this year (It is about 6hours from me) but like you watched it on the box. It was a great race & the right man was at the top at the end, Pitty about greg Murphy though, I reckon he is a top driver for a kiwi :laugh: I was also impressed with the "Brake Cam" & every other camera. I don't think there is a better coverage of any motorsport than Bathurst. I have trecked to the mountian many a time but it has been a few years since my last visit, think i might schedule it in next year as it is normally the week before the Phillip Island MotoGP I reckon I could do both as a round trip on the Paso. Did you know they used to race bikes on the Mount Panorama track. It was huge & covered the Easter long weekend but some bad elements got into it & their were riots & everything so they shut it down in the 80's. I was a bit young to go then but I do remember reading all about them in Australian Motorcycle News. I have driven my Old Statesman & ridden my BMW around the track & it is scary going down through the dipper & the esses at the 60km speed limit that exists normally as the track is a public road. In a car down the esses you can not see teh track in front of you it dips away that steeply. these guys take it at 180km/hr + !!!! & The CALTEX CHASE that they fly into @ 280 is something that I slowed down for in the Statesman first time I drove it (still a 60km zone) It is truely the greatest race track in teh world (no Bias in that either) & I would love to see bikes there again (it would be the southern hemispheres "Isle of Mann")

As for the Locator map I put me there red as my Paso is & I hope it is used by a lot more members. Maybe Mike should give it a section of its ownrather than hiding it in the forums. It should be on the left with the links to forums gallery etc. it is a great idea & we should all use it.

Can't make the island this year :sad: but GO LORIS GO :thumbup:

:thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Paul

Post by Paul »

Skins,

The new house is up to the height of the first floor. The sections that will be double-storey will have the upstairs slab cast next Wednesday. The areas that will be single-storey will start having their roof fitted soon. It is planned to be finished during March next year (we have builders holidays here from the middle of December to the middle of January.

Thanks for the information regarding the map. I am Africa by the look of it. I placed my red image where the new house is at Hartbeespoort Dam.

Red,

My Brother in Law has been in Brisbase for about 5 weeks now and the family are settling in well. They like Australia, but obviously feel a little home sick.

Now, how can I organise a business trip to our office in Sydney...
:confused:
Paul
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Paul,

if 35-40 degree (celcius) days & bushfires are what you experience in Spring in South Africa your brother should be feeling a little more at home. I hope he likes the heat because we are in for plenty of it this Aussie summer. Brisbane is a great freindly place, you should try & visit him very soon.

:thumbup:
Redpaso
Paul

Post by Paul »

Red,

When I was "talking" to him yesterday over IM it was 36C and 60% humidity. 10 minutes later it was chucking it down with rain.

He has moved from Pretoria, which is the next city along from Johannesburg (40 km away) and both these cities are on the highveld. This is an inland plateau and we have summer rainfall (ie. dry winters). We had our first rains of the season two nights ago but it is still quite hot. It is just before 8:00am here and I am about to close the office window and run the airconditioner because I am starting to sweat. We get a lot of veld fires (bush fires) at this time of the year as everything is so hot and dry.

From his descriptions, Brisbane is very similar to Durban on our East Coast.

What is the weather like in Taree ?

Paul
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

currently 25 degrees celcius clear day, 0 rainfall in last 24 hours & wind @ 35km/hr from the east-North east. chance of rain in the next few days.

taree being 800 km south of brisbane is not as tropical & the humidity is a lot better here (I hate the humidity).

the forecast for Phillip Island this weekend is fine But that changes very easily
Redpaso