Pictures adding to messages?

Chat about anything not Paso related here
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Pictures adding to messages?

Post by Finnpaso »

I read with my bad english somewhere here, that if i want add some fotos to my mails to forum, those fotos must be available in internet somewhere already ???? If so, sounds little starge :confused: and difficult, if i have to add first fotos to internet somewhere and then pick them to Ducatipaso.org sites ??? It would be much easier to use copy/paste system from own pc...... I am little confused about this, but if i am wrong, tell me.... and i am not anykind pc guru! :sad:

Also that gallery system seems to me little difficult....
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

you understand correctly, antti - you must first put your pictures onto one of the internet picture services, and then they make it available to who is going to see it

i'm also a beginner with this stuff, but i have put some information about it in the FAQ sticky at the top of '750 Paso Discussion'. it's not very good information - perhaps someone else can help you more, or you can find out more by searching something like 'pictures' in google, or microsoft help
DesmoDog
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Re: Pictures adding to messages?

Post by DesmoDog »

Finnpaso wrote:I read with my bad english somewhere here, that if i want add some fotos to my mails to forum, those fotos must be available in internet somewhere already ???? If so, sounds little starge :confused: and difficult, if i have to add first fotos to internet somewhere and then pick them to Ducatipaso.org sites ???
A related point - everyone who has an avatar picture that's stored on their hard drive? It looks great on your screen I'm sure, but it comes up as a red "x "to everyone else in the world! There are quite a few of those on this site...

The deal is, the picture has to be "hosted" somewhere that other computers can link to it - on a server somewhere. When you have the image stored on your computer, no one else can see it because, thankfully, the rest of the world can't get things off of your hard drive. The confusing part is, YOUR computer CAN see it, because, well, it's your computer. So the images show up great on your own screen. But no one elses.

As for copy/paste for pictures, very few sites let you upload your photos because then they have to have the storage for them.
-Craig
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Thanks Guys ! This way, ill be soon pc guru :funny: Its just, as You both write! But wondering, that this Ducatipaso.org DONT have space to keep those fotos in it :confused: That way it would be easy: One time send pictures to here and they stay here till i want them out for some reason.... this pc world is sometimes very strange to normal peopple, sorry, I am not normal, but to other peopple :laugh: I wanted to send many nice fotos, but too difficult to me! I have someking love and hate relation with pc: just when i need it most, some shit happens! And surely these days need this hell of machine very often.... Mostly to check Ducatipaso.org sites !!! :thumbup:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

If they are pics of your Paso you can upload them to your own "album" in the Gallery section of this site. (see the process on getting an album in the gallery section, it is not hard as long as Mike has time to set it up) You can then link pics into the forums if you wish because they are already here. then it is real easy see.

This is in my Album on the 906 section.
:thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

NOOOOOOOOO!!! This is Ducati site, NOT bmw site! :toofar: Can U cut that green car out of VERY nice foto? Btw, its just right colour, so You can sink it to dirty river: fishes dont be scared! :funny:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey