News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Idle thoughts on my Paso 906

Post by englishstiv »

So here is the dilemma

I have a 906 it's not pretty, it's functional and it's complete.

My 907 is though swallowing all my cash and time and a bit more.

So what to do with the 906?

The sin of all sins has come to pass as I am considering breaking her down and turning the more useful parts into a Swedish style Chopper ........ yep you read it right.

The one thing I hate to see being done is the breaking up of another Paso but I have to be realistic it will eat up a whole lot more cash getting built into pristine condition and still not be a better ride than my 907.

I hasten to add the sale of my beloved BMW Cafe Racer will be financing the build.

Thoughts are welcome as are other ideas or assistance on route to take with the build. :banghead:

Who knows I might make it into the picture thread ... " I have no words...."
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Re: Idle thoughts on my Paso 906

Post by Fraser »

Hi,
There's no rush, keep the 906 in the background for that day when time/finances/inclination all combine and you can do somehting with it. If it's complete, even if ratty, don't break it up.
Cheers,
Fraser.
750 Paso
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport
nickta
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by nickta »

Hi Stiv.

I little while back I purchased Lane's 906. It's not pretty, but it is complete. It sits in a shed along with a P750 that I purchased around the same time. They both get a run every 6 months by me, and a run about every 3 by someone else.

As to bleeding dollar coins (English pounds?) in to the 907, yeah, I get that. But then you take it for a ride and you feel better!

Now where did I see that Sport 750 and 900SS?

Cheers.

Nick.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Stiv,

nothing good comes out of a Paso conversion even less if the plan is a chopper. That's just due to the frame, specially because there's no round center frame tube but two on the sides. Get yourself some spare/used bike stands, fill up the tank, add some fuel stabilizer and put the bike in a dry place. Imo that's the best you can do other than maybe selling it to someone who's willing to get it back on he road.
Keep the BMW. Maybe once in a while you can do something on the 906 and even if it will take long one day it will be finished and you will be happy you didn't do anything silly to it.

G.