1990 750 / 900 Sport

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
yellerduck

1990 750 / 900 Sport

Post by yellerduck »

There doesn't seem to be many posts in this particular category so I thought I would make one for the record. Are there any 89 90 Sport owner's out there?
ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

1990 Sport

Post by ducinthebay »

Yes, there are a few still rolling around. I know a few guys, and I'll have them post here also so we get a list of owners going.
I bought mine as a non-running bike for $1500, and basically went through everything to get it on the road again. the only thing I didn't have to fix was the motor. After several years of changes, and more than $1500 more, I have a unique Duc that's a lot of fun;
Paso Front end w/ 17" 907 wheels and brakes (300mm), 748 M/c's on the bars, had to machine the clipons to fit the 41.7mm fork tubes (Telefix). Ohlins steering damper (needed on this model) Later SS swingarm with custom adapters pressed into the cases. Aftermarket shock, 36 Dellortos with 2" 90degree rubber elbows and UNI foam filters, removed the petcock and replace with a banjo fitting, GiaCoMoto 2 into one pipe, European bodywork in red and white, Oddessey battery, rear brake M/c and pedal assy. from an ST (bolts onto the case) 15/39 gearing, Pirelli Diablos, after market coils and leads. Of course there was the usually rebuild trials and tribulations, and a lot of cursing at the previous owner(s) for being hacks. Of course, I'll never get the money out of it that I put into it, but I didn't put that much into it, besides time. I always loved the F1, and this is about as close as I will get to owning one. I currently am using Paso triple clamps, but was lucky enough to get a set from the first year 851, which have an additional 3mm offset. I'll try those out next spring. I also just got a vented clutch cover, which will be going on soon. If the motor ever blows up, I'll put a 900SS motor in it, but for now, I'll enjoy the 750.
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.