Ducati 999

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
steele

Ducati 999

Post by steele »

Anybody got any views on the triple 9. I am buying new bike this year to ride on the road and its one on my shortlist :cool:
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Fabulous does not do it justice. The latest 2 issues of Bike (UK Mag) has reviews.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

One of my fellow Ducatista buddies, has made a 999 his fourth Duc. And he's actually selling his 748S and Monster S4. Previously, he didn't think he'd get a litrebike - at least not in such proximity to superbike guise. But he can't say enough about it. I was very surprised when he mentioned both bikes were on the market; we had discussed the joys of owning several bikes that performed well in their areas of expertise, but it appears as though the 999 has met all his needs. He racks up a lot of miles - in town, on backroads, weekend rides, etc. But I guess it boils down to the 999 doing everythign well; so well that the other two just don't get the lovin' they used to.

Personally, somebody will have to spot me a 999 for a while so I can come to my own conclusions ... :laugh: :lick: :D
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
steele

Post by steele »

Today i have had a sit on one in Forza italias premises at silverstone .........I think i am in love and what nice guys running the place :cool:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:eek:

well, I hope they've fixed that business about the seat getting hot. That was something I didn't like about the 916 I rode ...
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

It's got underseat exhaust mate, what did you expect? :-)

A little heat on your stones is worth it when riding.
steele

Post by steele »

That reminds me i was out on the paso about 5 years ago on the M42 Motorway when i thought the seat was getting hot :ugh: pulled over a nd took it of ...main fush was glowing red hot :eek: .....
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

what caused the fuse to heat up, steele?
steele

Post by steele »

Just loose connections in the bakealite ....well it is a ducati :D
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Paso and Electrics.....enough said.

As a former Brit car owner, I'm a good judge of bad electrics. Lucas Electrics, now that's an oxymoron.
steele

Post by steele »

Ah joe lucas ...prince of darkness :D
steele

Post by steele »

Any way back on topic any more 999 thoughts ,there are 2 more bikes on my shortlist MVF4 :cool: :lick: OR Aprilla tuono racing ..any comments :thumbup:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:D

Just green with envy, mate.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

what about another paso? :D :eek: or is that just just over over kill? I guess another bike can only help you appreciate everything that is a PASO! As for the 999, I haven't ridden one so can't comment. Those that have rave about them but the only guy I know that has one is too scared to take it out on the Australian roads for fear of pot holes & Police (some of the potholes are so big the police can hide in them, car & all :eek: ) He reckons it is great as a track day bike!)
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

redpaso wrote:what about another paso? :D :eek: or is that just just over over kill? I guess another bike can only help you appreciate everything that is a PASO! As for the 999, I haven't ridden one so can't comment. Those that have rave about them but the only guy I know that has one is too scared to take it out on the Australian roads for fear of pot holes & Police (some of the potholes are so big the police can hide in them, car & all :eek: ) He reckons it is great as a track day bike!)
I have 2 pasos... would i rather have 1 paso and 1 750F1? YOU BET. I love the paso dearly, but two is a bit redundant. :laugh: