If you didnot own a paso what duke would it be?

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
qldman36
year: 0

Post by qldman36 »

Mike,
Have had two of your alternates,one really really good,the other really really bad.
The bad,'87 Lucannelli[sp] replica Laguna Seca. After two electrical fires,young fortune in carb jets,needles and slides to get running decent,took to the mountains.Ugh...heavy heavy slow steering,Phew glad to find new owner for it.
The good.'92 888sp found today for sale on Ebay,#4531670503.Very rare,5-6 total imported,very refined suspension[Ohlins,frt,rear]Super smooth engine[claimed 111hp]disregard 140hp sticker i found and mounted inside fairing.Just wish i were in position to buy back.
Carl
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

lceriani wrote:The original style of the 916 lasted 7 years before Ducati decided to change its look... and nowadays it's still wonderful! Aaahhhh....
Only 7? I thought it was more like 10 or 11 ... ? I know they made subtle changes throughout the 916->996->998 evolution ...
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
beemerboy
year: 0

Post by beemerboy »

900SS, 999, Monster

Please send donations to my PayPal account. :D
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:confused:

Still trying to figure out the answer to this wierd question ...

Driving me bluddy crazy ...

... wierd Aussies with their wierd questions ...
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

maybe you are just supposed to be on a Paso :cool: You certianly looked at home in the photo you posted (3 bends from home)

A Kiwi calling an Aussie weird, now that's funny :laugh: :thumbup:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:roll:

Yeah, I'm sorry cuz, but honestly, if you were looking for a question just to torment me, you couldn't have done better.

By the way, that bike of yours does look good with the lower fairing white - I haven't seen that before.

Anyway, back to matter in question: Aesthically, I am strongly drawn to the 02-03 two-valvers with the half fairings, especially in black. I'd probably go for the 750 and develop the motor. But I saw a 900 in silver in a dealers the other day - only had a couple of thousand ks on it too -and I think it may have been the most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen, even better that a 916 Senna. But having owned a Paso, I would probably have to fit 16-inch wheels to it ...
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I agree with you, I am a big fan of the 2 valve motor, Anything over 100 hp is really a waste! & I also agree about the silver, I also like the Sport which is Matt Black but really any Duke & any colour will do just nicely.

The white lower fairing was how the 906 came in OZ. (750 was black lower & 907 all red) It does look good but it is a pain in the butt keeping the rear wheel clean. I have started using Fuchs Chain GEL & the task is a lot easier, it is the only chain lube that has ever come close to the claim that it wont fly off (in my experience anyway). I will get a gallery happening so you can see some better pics of the old girl really soon. I have noticed there is very little action happening inthe Gallery section & I think it is time we did something about it!
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

I just put some pics in the Gallery, cuz. Look on the first page.

And my head is spinning. Last time I looked at this space, I could see your whole bike!

I really am flattered that you put my '3 bends from home' up as a desktop. Really nice to know. Thanks. It was taken by my son Wiiliam. Gave me a bit of a surprise when I came around the corner to find him standing in the middle of the road! I was expecting him to be on the bank!
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Yeah you could see the whole bike but I though tthat pic was too small for the whole bike so I changed it, sorry for skit scatin with your brain. :screwy:

Nice gallery, Nice collection of toys :thumbup: I think it is great that you can see your bike from in your house like that, I wish i could but my shed is not attached. I can see some futur desktop pcs in there.

What is the yellow sticker on teh Paso just below teh handlebar on the fairing?
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

The sticker is the Pennzoil logo. I've used Pennzoil for many years. I use fully synthetic 5w-50. The specs for the oil are pretty impressive - you can see them on their website. A lighter oil dissipates heat much faster than a heavy oil, and these are supposed to be oil-cooled engines. Also, when I look at my tappets and shims, I like the way the oil looks in those tiny spaces. Something tells me it's doing a good job. A lighter oil gives slicker gear changing too.

You can actually feel the difference in the power the bike is getting to the road if you put in a 20-50 oil and then change to a 5-50. But only run a lighter oil if you are confident of its specs.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

My 906 mostly parks in the corner of my office - a 916-996-998 would go all the way into the lounge..........!! However, as great as what them & the MH 900e are to look at, they are probably a bit impractical for me, so donations are being taken, in order to get a ST2 / ST4 one day............(but I'll still keep the Paso).
The other thought I've had, is that for the price of a good ST series bike - I could buy a Paso 750, & a fair bit of a 907 as well, just to have one of each.............. :thumbup: Hmmmm - decisions - decisions......... :roll: :roll: