Front Mudgaurds on Recent Motorbicycles

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
gail
year: 0

Front Mudgaurds on Recent Motorbicycles

Post by gail »

Whatever happened to front mudgaurds?, They used to encapsulate the most forward wheel at the front of velocipede. Their primary role was to prevent foreign material being flung off and attatching itself to anything rearward of said front wheel.
This could include (but not limited to) ;
Rider, motor, exhaust, electrics, bodywork, and lots of other important components of the two wheeled machine necessary for retaining style, form and function.
Possibly, the front gaurd may be the last part that they make in a batch run when moulding, and finding that not enough material is left for the batch run they just made half ones so that the order could be fulfilled.
Or the old fellow who has been doing this job for 60 years is getting Alzeihmers leading to a shorter and shorter front gaurds as time goes by.
This perplexing problem has not escaped me, so I have come up with a solution. From now on I will no longer refer to these appendages as a mudgaurd but as a Tyreshield, which in effect stops the strong rays of the sun projecting onto the front/top of tyre,very similar to a peaked cap.
Problem solved!
A hint for young players , Never , Ever, Ever, take Tyreshield into a rainy or soggy environment unless bored.

Tyreshield ,Tyreshield , Tyreshield , ...Rolls off the tongue like mud into your radiator, and every other nook and cranny that you did not know existed.

I like a good styling exercise as much as the next bloke , but they've lost the plot on this one!

Marty