Do you have a name for your Paso?

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Do you have a name for your Paso?

Post by redpaso »

Hey guys, I was just wondering what sort of names you all have for your Paso's. Myself I have owned her of about 2 years now & still ussually just refer to the bike as "the Old Girl". I have occassionally referred to her as Renzo but no one knows what I am talking about so that is my secret code for the bike e.g. when at work & I just want to go into the carpark & admire the lines (it is good stress releif when I have a difficult client) or sneak off for a quick lap of town I just say "I have to go & meet Renzo, I will be back in half an hour". But as for a proper name there is not one there for "The Old Girl."

So come on What do you call your Paso???????
(don't be shy, we wont laugh, honest)
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

Well, when a real name is called for, she is 'La Perla Bianca'. But I usually refer to her simply as 'The Paso', or 'The Ducati'. Everybody who knows me knows that those words mean something very important.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

When we are in the middle of a Paso 'character moment' - the words 'Ya Bit#h!!' can be heard to be muttered.............

Rest of the time its just - "Come on Darlin'...."..............
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

I wonder if 'Renzo' is going to be a popular nickname for our bikes ... :) That's how I refer to mine on occasion too, but mostly it's 'Blue'. I like Renzo though ... it's nice being on a first-name basis, don'tcha think? :cool:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Skins wrote:Well, when a real name is called for, she is 'La Perla Bianca'.
Skins, that is beautiful, I amassuming that it is a reference to the white-ness that she exudes, am I on track? what does it mean & how did the name come about.

you truly are a man of sophistication & culture, a model Paso owner :thumbup:
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:oops:

Ahem .... er, well, thank you, cuz. I don't know about sophistication and culture, I just like those things. Artists and the like tend to be a bit rough around the edges and sometimes even a bit screwy, as you might have noticed. I haven't worn a tie or an ironed shirt for 25 years.

However I truly believe that people who get interested in Italian things are naturally attracted to the finer things in life, although many of our collegues would say, like me: 'Nah, I just like those things'.

'La Perla Bianca' means 'The White Pearl'. The guy who had her before me wanted a white one, but there were none available, so they brought in a red one for him, and had it painted by one of the top auto painters in the country. They did it pearl white, with real iridescent paint, and added some smokey grey in the air outlet channels on the sides below the seat. She is beautiful, but unfortunately a little scuffed up now. I'm afraid I do not handle her with kid gloves, except for the mechnicals.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Sofistiphacation & kulture - hmmmm - sounds like thats waaaaay over the top of this boys' head.................... :roll: :thumbdown:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Sorry Duck, if you've got a Ducati, you're sophisticated and cultured, maybe just a little, whether you like it or not.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Gee - hope ya never say that in public about me........ :roll: - but "Thanks", I think............Hey - we should meet up some time before winter................maybe Levin.........(hmmmmm - theres a idea!!) Might be able to get another 750 to go too........ :thumbup: :thumbup:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Nice idea, but it's very hard for me to leave the house without taking my old dad with me. He'll be 90 this year. He hasn't been on the back since he was about 85.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I have seen pictures of a Paso with a side car if this would help. Good on you for looking after your dad in his Twilight years. Culture, Sophistication & a good sence of tratitional Morals & responsability. I admire you Skins, we need more men of your kind in this world :thumbup:
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:oops:

If there's one thing I can be uncharitable about, it's sidecars ...
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Gotta agree with the Aussie here Skins - Good on ya - ageing is something we have all got coming towards us.
(Might take me a while though, given that I get told to 'grow up' all the time...... :roll: :roll: )
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I understand the sidecar thing Skins & I would never bastardise a Paso with one :thumbdown: but some are very well done. I like the classic sidecar look of the 40-60's & I love the Sidecar racing. :thumbup: I have a great Vid of a sidecar lap of the TT course & Isle of Man. AWESOME STUFF :eek: :screwy: :eek:
Your dad might enjoy it though :D
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

I have vague memories of Two Wheels, doing a trailer test years & years ago, using a Paso as the tow-donkey...........can'nt remember if it was a 906, or one of those 17" wheeled things though..... :umm: :umm: :roll: