So you want to use those old 16" Tires

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: So you want to use those old 16" Tires

Post by paso750 »

Holy sh**, that is expensive. My Audi currently costs me around €600 a year (simple insurance) and the Paso maybe half of that.
Is the insurance so high because you finns are assumed to be all potential rallye drivers ? :lol:
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

paso750 wrote:Holy sh**, that is expensive.
Is the insurance so high because you finns are assumed to be all potential rallye drivers ? :lol:
I am saying just same here whole time; Holy sh*t!!!!!!!! Insurance companies tell that "too many killed persons in mc accidents and heavily hurted, so we have to rise this year about 6-7% motorbike insurances"..... They say that just those persons repairing coast are very high in hard accidents, so thats "why" they want to rise up mc insurances every year.... They (insurance companies) say, that healty things coast SO MUCH here! Someone have to pay it and its just motorbikers!

I hope that everybody understand, WHY i keep ONLY one Ducati in insurances / "street use", as i can also drive ONLY one Ducati in moment...

For me, my car insurances are about 50% cheaper than to my any Ducati !!! Motorbiker is here oneking "illegal" as he "owns something what everybody cant own" so very high taxes and insurances! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Btw, its nothing about rally drivers and also Formula 1 drivers, but "motorbikers are "illegal"... :( Btw, soon coming new Formula 1 driver, Valtteri Bottas from Finland again :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valtteri_Bottas He lives only about 28 kms from me.... Soon peopple hear about him more as he is already Williams F1 team test driver. Seems, that Kimi Räikkönen likes more rally these days and if he learn that well, then he dont return anymore to Formula 1....... He want to learn another things, as he is already Formula 1 Champion... :)
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Finnpaso wrote: I am saying just same here whole time; Holy sh*t!!!!!!!! Insurance companies tell that "too many killed persons in mc accidents and heavily hurted, so we have to rise this year about 6-7% motorbike insurances"..... They say that just those persons repairing coast are very high in hard accidents, so thats "why" they want to rise up mc insurances every year.... They (insurance companies) say, that healty things coast SO MUCH here! Someone have to pay it and its just motorbikers!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Really, I can't understand such thinking of Finn insurance companies.

I have just paid the insurance for my red 907.
I have paid €. 359 for the basic insurance + road assistance (if there was some fault of the bike and damage to the healt of the driver) + mini kasko (gives the money back for the helmet and clothes damaged in some accident).
But, the greatest benefit of my insurance is that I can stop the insurance when I don't ride the bike and reactivate her when I want to ride.
So, I mean to arrive to 2012, when the bike will be 20 years old and I will pay only €. 100 each year for the insurance for the vintage bikes.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Gerhard, what was last production week/year they made Michelin's? I mean that week/year what we know!

Antti, it took several weeks to get a reply from Michelin but now they confirmed that the A59X and M59X were removed from their catalogues after the year 2002. After that there was effectively only one more production in 2003-2004. After that production in France stopped totally and also further production was not possible after that.

So mid 2004 was the end.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Thanks, Gerhard :thumbup: Now we all know when they stopped make them and its only "bullshit" if someone try to sell to us newer Michelins than 2004... Remembering that i send to You already my tire manuafacturing mothes/years. :thumbup:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Frankie: Here motorbike have to be at least 30 years old to get "museum licence" with very low insurances AND it HAVE TO BE then JUST like ORIGINAL with all original stuff.... :banghead:

So, if i count my 750 Paso, then its possible in 2019 !!! and my 907IE year 2021 !!! Counting more (after some beers) i am (IF i live still..) then at age of 60...62 :mrgreen: ......... Just when i try to start pensioner times! Ok, THEN i am too hurry already so, i cant start restorations anymore with getting back all original parts.... Waste of time to think such here... :banghead: and better take one more :beer: Anyway already too old at age of 60-62 to drive very fastly in curvey roads.... SO, its time to drive fastly NOW, not in future... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I have allways told, that these bikes are made for fast curvey roads... NOW! Ok, have to wait still one month. :banghead:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Here all the vehicles get vintage after 30 years.
Something get "historical" after only 20 years by the judgement of a governative board.
So, the Paso 750 is already "historical" and I hope (but, I'm pretty sure) the 907s will be soon.
Luckily, I do have all the original parts (both black and aluminium mufflers etc.), even if they also would accept the vintage parts (like Contis etc.) if I well remember.
Ciao :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019