750/906/907 fairing changes

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

750/906/907 fairing changes

Post by redpaso »

I was reading a test on the 907 when it was just released (yes I will upload it soon, I promise :roll: ). THe test was by Sir (?) Alan Cathcart who is still the most respected motorcycle journalist/tester in the world & I noticed he commented on the 907 having a very different look due to the 17" rims raising it off the ground & also the slimmer fairing design on the side panels that reduced the baulky look of the 906 around the engine.

Now I am very confused because from what i can see the side panels are identical to those of the 906.

I know the 906 differs from 750 in the side panels because they stop under the mirrors on the 750 & the mirrors are included in the screen panel which I assume is a real hassle to get off. The 906 just has the panel across the front headlight/screen area. I know the 907 differs in the Screen as it has the "scoop & deflector" that are directing wind over the shoulders more effectively but I can see no changes to other panels.

Has Cathcart got it wrong or am I losing my mind :screwy: Are there any panel changes other thanthe screen area on all three Paso/i.e. models?
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

I think someone should supply us with one of each, quite possible in every color combination - just in case - so we can do a thorough, in-depth study. It might take several years.

I'm willing to offer my services. Please send one of each to ...

:laugh: :funny: :screwy:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

Happy to comply! I'll just need the standard waiver and release forms, documentation noting lender as sole beneficiary on a mandatory insurance policy :eek: , a small deposit for the fairings, a rather large sum to buy a truck to deliver them to you :D ... Once these :laugh: minor formalities are overcome we can see about obtaining them for you. ;-)