side panel fairing + boots = scratches

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

side panel fairing + boots = scratches

Post by DuC-MaN »

Is it just clumsy me or did you also accidently left your Paso with scarifications on the side panels after a fast :cool: but satisfying ride?

Last time I had ridden my Pearl White Paso I wore boots with zippers on the outside and inside of my boots. On my Nuda SuperSport that was no problem, but later on, when I was polishing my Paso I discovered deep scratches, grooves so deep there was no paint left... :sad: I must say my clutch didn't work on my way back home, so I had to yank(?) the lever fiercely..., but on the right side it was the same (not a lot of braking :D )... scratches....

Now I am going to use some transparent foil on those weak spots on the panels... I hope that works out.

I also noticed some spots on the tank where my knees are, but to sticker my entire 907ie... not an option I think...
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:toofar:

Bad luck, DuC-MaN - you'll have to do something about those boots.
Your bike looks really good in the 'Virtual Meeting' Topic! When is she going to be back on the road?
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

On mine, I've used some stuff ya can get here called 'Scuff-guard' - is self sticking clear vinyl - you cut it to shape & then put on. Is in various places on mine - where boots would rub etc etc, plus on top of fuel tank to stop magnetic tank bag leaving scratches (use that & a pack-rack for touring with the Mrs..........)
DuC-MaN

Post by DuC-MaN »

I have put on some clear vinyl stickers, today Im going for a ride, to see what it looks like in the sunlight...

I'm using my zipperless :D boots today...

About my Pearl Paso, I hope to start this summer to check out what has to be done, i can remember that one of subframes onderneath had no thread left on one of the bolts... so also no thread left in the frame itself... :ugh:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

DucMan I too have suffered marking to the panel from enthusiastic riding. I have ussually been able to polish it out though. I think mine actually comes from my heal when pushing hard, I lift my foot so my toes are sitting on the pegs & not the arch of my foot/boot. This leaves my heal rubbing the panel. I will try some of the clear vinyl as it sounds like a better option than continually polishing out scratches. A really good ride makes it worth the extra work when I get home :D
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
DuC-MaN

Post by DuC-MaN »

That vinyl stuff works! :thumbup:

I only had some tiny air bubbles, but you dont really see it on the black fairing. I was thinking about carbon(look) sticky vinyl (is a little thicker). I dont know if that looks nice enough on red, blue or white, maybe when you follow the shape of the air outlets.