Paso missing from "Chronicles of a Legend" on duca

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
lceriani
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Paso missing from "Chronicles of a Legend" on duca

Post by lceriani »

I just discovered that on Ducati web site there is a section called "Heritage" that is dedicated to the legend of Ducati:
http://www.ducati.com/heritage/index.jhtml
Immediately I opened the '80s section where I found many beloved models: TT2, Pantah, 750F1, 851... but not the Paso!!! :eek:

I still can't believe it...

LC
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Now that's too bad ...

I wonder if we, as an official Ducati Owner's Club, could make any waves w/ Museo Ducati to get them to include the Pasos in their line up? Some sort of online petition we all "sign" or something like that.

Anybody think it's worth a shot? I'll leave the final yay/nay to Mike, since this is his baby, but just curious what everybody thinks ...
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
lceriani

Post by lceriani »

I agree with you... at least we can say something about it!
Did you noticed that neither Tamburini is mentioned in the section about people?

LC
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

I agree with you too, Faster. It's very sad that the Paso is not recognised as an important Ducati. I think maybe the Ducati purists see the Paso, and Cagiva's input (which was extremely important in Ducati's history) as a little too 'commercial'. Like if it doesn't give you aching wrists, backache, or a sore hot bum, it's not really a Ducati. Like the 'best' Ducatis have been the most uncomfortable ones, like the 'Mach' 250s and the 916. Even the STs are not so cool. The Monsters are OK because they're racers for the street. It looks like the Multistrada will be the first 'tame' Ducati accepted by the purists.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I am with you faster, Come on Mike let's get something happening to get the recognition the Paso deserves. Skins has hit the nail on the head though, many consider the "Cagiva years" as "Not real Ducati" which is a bit ironic as if it had not been for the Castiglionni (Hope i spelt it right ) Brothers Ducati would probably no longer exist. They were also responsable for the 851/888/916 which put Ducati back on the racing Map. This period is probably the most pivotally important in Ducati History. I have also noticed on the Ducati site that the Historic Patches & Historic Jacket features every DUCATI badge & style except the Cagiva inspired Ducati labeling of our Paso's era (with or without the Elephant). It is Blatant that this is an era that many do not wish to recognise, but they are happy to claim the fruits from this time.

Oh & the Paso does not have a trellis frame that is exposed for all to see. That appears to be a big factor in acceptance of the "True Ducati Man"
:rant:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
steele

Post by steele »

Well i think we have the magazine road testers to blame for part of this some of them gave the paso a terrible write up when they were new ..happens all the time in my opinion some of the journalists involved are corupt depends on what they were given at the launch ....
lceriani

Post by lceriani »

I have a great news!
I contacted Livio Lodi (Ducati Museum Curator, directly from Bologna) and he wrote:
Tra brevissimo sarà pubblicata una sezione dedicata al Paso e ai suoi derivati ( 906 Paso e 907 Ie). E' questione di poco tempo, stiamo traducendo la pagina in italiano per la versione inglese, e verrà corredata da una photo gallery.
He says that they are working on a section dedicated to the Paso family (906, 907ie): actually they are translating the page from Italian and they plan to add a photo gallery! He says that shortly it will be published.... wow!
:lick:

LC
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

lceriani wrote:I have a great news!
I contacted Livio Lodi (Ducati Museum Curator, directly from Bologna) and he wrote:
Tra brevissimo sarà pubblicata una sezione dedicata al Paso e ai suoi derivati ( 906 Paso e 907 Ie). E' questione di poco tempo, stiamo traducendo la pagina in italiano per la versione inglese, e verrà corredata da una photo gallery.
He says that they are working on a section dedicated to the Paso family (906, 907ie): actually they are translating the page from Italian and they plan to add a photo gallery! He says that shortly it will be published.... wow!
:lick:

LC
Awesome ... that's great! And we didn't even have to threaten them with a bunch of virtual signatures from the site. ;) :laugh: Thanks for getting into touch with the man too ... good deal!
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Thank you, Luca. As we say in English - Lei è l'uomo! You are the man!
lceriani

Post by lceriani »

Hey guys, THEY DID IT! I can't believe it! Uaoooooo! :D

http://www.ducati.com/heritage/index.jhtml
Go to "The 80's" .... and there is it! Three links: "750 Paso", "906 Paso" and "907 IE":
http://www.ducati.com/heritage/anni80/7 ... paso.jhtml
http://www.ducati.com/heritage/anni80/9 ... paso.jhtml
http://www.ducati.com/it/heritage/anni8 ... 07ie.jhtml
with a lot of photos, too! :lick:

What do you think? Can I contact the Ducati Museum curator to thank him in the name of the forum? Mike, if you like I can give you his address and you can write him for us.

I still can't believe it... at last they did it...

LC

(Well... there's a little mistake because they write "Reno Pasolini" instead of "Renzo Pasolini"... but's forgettable :cool: )
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Congratulations, Luca! Good work with a well-deserved result. You'll get a free silver 'Paso' belt buckle as soon as I can manage to start making them. I've got some silver plate, and now I'm trying to get some machinery I need. After that I'll have to do the design and tool-making, so it'll be a while yet.

I do think someone should tell them about the mistake with the spelling of Renzo's name. They would want to know.
DuC-MaN
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by DuC-MaN »

:thumbup: Cool! :cool:
| '92 907 I.E. | '88 750 Paso under construction |
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

That's awesome. Fair write up, too - plenty of good pics for the 750. :) Thanks for getting in touch with them Luca, and keeping us posted. Good deal!

And Skins, you've got eyes like a hawk ... ! :thumbup:
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Thanks, faster, but it was actually Luca who picked up the spelling mistake. That boy's on the ball!
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Skins wrote:Thanks, faster, but it was actually Luca who picked up the spelling mistake. That boy's on the ball!
Man, right you are ... I guess I really should go get my eyes checked! :laugh:
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750