The Graduation Gift...

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
Desmo_Demon
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: The Graduation Gift...

Post by Desmo_Demon »

I didn't realize I hadn't posted an update on this...

After getting a Ducati front sprocket machined, new Supersprox rear sprocket, and a new chain, I was all ready to take the bike for a spin back in December. To my horror after I started it, the bike was spewing gas...all over the top of the horizontal cylinder. It appeared that the float needles weren't seating correctly. After taking the carbs off (an interesting task in itself), and then checking the carbs, float height, a drain tube, etc, I put them back on the bike....to only have it spew gas, again.

It took me a week to find anyone willing to supply the float needles to me, and then he didn't inform me that they weren't in stock. They waited a week for them and I waited over another week to receive them. It fixed the problem, though. :thumbup:

I put over 150 miles on it last week and am hoping to put a few more miles on it tomorrow. :D I regeared it (+3 on the rear sprocket), and now it does really nice power wheelies! :cool:

I still need to pull the forks off and give them a service and it wouldn't hurt to try to find a steering damper that will work (the damper on the bike has lost all its fluid).
2002 Ducati 748 monoposto
1998 Ducati ST2
1996 Suzuki GSXR-1100
1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)